New motor backfiring on choke side...

i just rebuiilt my 99 banshee's engine.. seems to run fine but i notice one pipe get hotter then the other... on the choke side..

everything is new.. from crank seals to carb boots.. also cleaned all the carb.. but i must of overlooked something...

i notice the carb leaks from the overflow exits and sometimes it backfires.........

i dont wanna rebuilt this thing right away.. lol any advice?

...pull you air filter set-up n look into the back of carbs. Blip the throttle a few times, notice if the slides move in sync. If not adjust untill they do.

If one carb is leaking, your definatly having an issue with a float/needle. Check for debris, and or adjust float height. I'm willing to bet this is where your issue is...

...pull you air filter set-up n look into the back of carbs. Blip the throttle a few times, notice if the slides move in sync. If not adjust untill they do.

If one carb is leaking, your definatly having an issue with a float/needle. Check for debris, and or adjust float height. I'm willing to bet this is where your issue is...

i have played with it a little last night and turned the air scew in on the choke side... it waked her up!.. now idles and runs fine... but one is 1.5 turns out and the other is all the way in.. does this mean its sucking air by somewhere? where should i look? maybe i put the crank seal on wrong?!!? , if im missing a spring on the pipe up front... could this cause this?

sounds maybe dumb but i just want to clear some question marks..

other then this shee runs perfect, im just scared to blow my top end ;\

if i look at both my bowls.... they both have the jet for the choke? can seem tio find anydifferance?!?!... they both have jets in them.....

stilll doing same thing.. the only way it runs perfectly is if i screw in the air screw all the way... so mean theres to much air.....

what could cause this? ...

crank seal ? its new but maybe its on backwards?

boot on carb is new...

gaskets also..

theres supose to be only one jet for the choke right? well my 2 bowls have the jet... so could this be doing something? and also both carb have the brass nipple for the choke!?...

the only way to really find out if you have a leak is to do a leak-down test. build yourself a tester and i bet you will find that you do have a leak. i wouldn't suggest running it that way as it can be running SO lean that it could burn your motor up.

also look at your carb bowls......one of them should have a little brass ball implanted on the outside of it.......that one is the one that goes on the choke bowl.