stator

Quick question, I have no spark and I have ohmed out the stator wiring with everything checking in spec, checked all wiring in the harness,the key switch,kill switch, and coil. Everything checks good.

Does anyone know which wire to test with the test light so I can see if voltage is coming out of the stator? Which wire sends voltage to the cdi? I have checked the yellow wire from the stator for the lights and my test lights works there.

also open up you harness my shee drove fine but i cleaned out my harnees (torrs and lighting wire ) i also found rub spots and bare wires so check it out

I have ohmed all the wires several times hoping for a problems with a wire cause that would be the easy fix of course. I just thought since all the ohming tests check good on the stator, I could just make sure that voltage was coming out of the stator and then I would know it was the CDI.

Anyone??? Someone has to have tried it before. Can you get the test light to light up coming from the stator as you kick the bike over?? It works for the lighting system but on nothing else. Anyone ever had a stator ohm out good and still have it be bad??

Just looking for some helpful advice.

I have ohmed all the wires several times hoping for a problems with a wire cause that would be the easy fix of course. I just thought since all the ohming tests check good on the stator, I could just make sure that voltage was coming out of the stator and then I would know it was the CDI.

Anyone??? Someone has to have tried it before. Can you get the test light to light up coming from the stator as you kick the bike over?? It works for the lighting system but on nothing else. Anyone ever had a stator ohm out good and still have it be bad??

Just looking for some helpful advice.

You should be using a digital voltmeter, the voltage coming out of the stator on the ignition circuit probably won't light up a test light but will show on a digital meter set on a sensative setting.

You should be using a digital voltmeter, the voltage coming out of the stator on the ignition circuit probably won't light up a test light but will show on a digital meter set on a sensative setting.

Okay well I do have readings coming from the stator on the digital voltmeter, as I kick the motor over voltage jumps up on the meter. I think I am going to go order a CDI today and see whats happens. I have tested everything that I can think of. Thanks for the help

Okay well I do have readings coming from the stator on the digital voltmeter, as I kick the motor over voltage jumps up on the meter. I think I am going to go order a CDI today and see whats happens. I have tested everything that I can think of. Thanks for the help

CDI ordered on monday....I hope it's gets here for the weekend. I want to ride so bad.

CDI ordered on monday....I hope it's gets here for the weekend. I want to ride so bad.

Good news I got the CDI put it in and have spark. Put it all back together and went on a long ride. Everything works good. Wish I had gone with my gut feeling earlier and ordered the CDI a lot earlier.