Starting problem

hey guys i am new to this forum and i need some help. last Saturday i picked up 2003 banshee it has pro tapper bars, toomy t6 exhaust, itp hole shot tires, bead lock rims, ac nerf bars, full skid plates and lots of motor work. the only problem is its takes forever to start. it had tons of compression but wont start. when i first got it the owner before me had to kick it over 10 times start it but once its warm it only takes 1 kick. but the next day it wont start it has gas the key is on the kill switch is on but it wont start. it also has a new stator... so can some one help me out???

hey guys i am new to this forum and i need some help. last Saturday i picked up 2003 banshee it has pro tapper bars, toomy t6 exhaust, itp hole shot tires, bead lock rims, ac nerf bars, full skid plates and lots of motor work. the only problem is its takes forever to start. it had tons of compression but wont start. when i first got it the owner before me had to kick it over 10 times start it but once its warm it only takes 1 kick. but the next day it wont start it has gas the key is on the kill switch is on but it wont start. it also has a new stator... so can some one help me out???

Sounds like its time to clean the carbs, if thats something your unfamiliar with just do a search theres a few walk throughs- (while you have them apart, take note of the clip position on needle, main, and idle jet sizes) Dont forget the choke tube when you put it all back together. Toss in some new plugs, turn the gas back on and kick it.... It may come right to life with clean idle jets! If not you'll want to run it and read the plugs to check the jetting (search for plug chop, and or reading plugs) then start to adjust your jetting as needed.

Sounds like its time to clean the carbs, if thats something your unfamiliar with just do a search theres a few walk throughs- (while you have them apart, take note of the clip position on needle, main, and idle jet sizes) Dont forget the choke tube when you put it all back together. Toss in some new plugs, turn the gas back on and kick it.... It may come right to life with clean idle jets! If not you'll want to run it and read the plugs to check the jetting (search for plug chop, and or reading plugs) then start to adjust your jetting as needed.

i cleaned the carbs today and put new plugs in it and still nothing

sounds like you need to get a new choke plunger. My buddies did this.....just swapped out his choke plunger with another one and it worked great.

As for your startin.......you may need to increase the size of your pilot jets......if they are stock sized the bike will not may want to start easily...

sounds like you need to get a new choke plunger. My buddies did this.....just swapped out his choke plunger with another one and it worked great.

As for your startin.......you may need to increase the size of your pilot jets......if they are stock sized the bike will not may want to start easily...

okay i have those parts on order now and i seem to have no spark too the owner before me put a new stator in could it have over loaded the coil???