Type F transmission oil?

I would like to add that I perfer to use klotz. It has worked the best for me. That is what I was using when it welded but it was my fault. I had just taken it apart and did not squirt any oil in there along with I think I had a low oil level. :shootself:

I have tried atf type F and had very bad clutch slip issues. BUT I don't know if it was the atf or bad pressure plates. When I replaced the plates and clutch I went back to the klotz and it was better. So I don't know which one was the issue. I don't mind paying the little bit extra. To me seems way to thin for the gear oil but there are a lot of guys that use it and sware by it. I just won't use it. I would rather use a wet clutch 10w30 engine oil like the manual says or 10w40 (sometimes it is all I can find).

I would like to add that I perfer to use klotz. It has worked the best for me. That is what I was using when it welded but it was my fault. I had just taken it apart and did not squirt any oil in there along with I think I had a low oil level. :shootself:

I have tried atf type F and had very bad clutch slip issues. BUT I don't know if it was the atf or bad pressure plates. When I replaced the plates and clutch I went back to the klotz and it was better. So I don't know which one was the issue. I don't mind paying the little bit extra. To me seems way to thin for the gear oil but there are a lot of guys that use it and sware by it. I just won't use it. I would rather use a wet clutch 10w30 engine oil like the manual says or 10w40 (sometimes it is all I can find).

yea, i've used klotz before and i really like the stuff, seems to work great for me too, lately i have been using the honda high performance gear oil because i had some sitting on my shelves for the longest time, and that seems to work good as well. anyone do the pancake bearing after their ball welded? how tough of a job is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I ended up just dumping the Klotz anyway. Stupidity got the best of me and I put my nice fresh Klotz in my freshly rebuilt engine and apparently there was some trash in there that I didn't get cleaned out because when I went to drain it there were chunks of stuff all in it. So I got some Valvoline Type F and put in just to get everything broken in and running properly.

well after all your guys advice, i decided to try some and now my banchee runs like shit, i mixed it 32:1 like i always do with klotz, but it keeps backfiring and sputtering... wtf !?

Are you serious? This discussion is about what to use for tranny oil (in your crankcase). You mixed it with fuel and ran your engine on it? Did I miss something or are you pulling our chain?

Edited by muggzy

well after all your guys advice, i decided to try some and now my banchee runs like shit, i mixed it 32:1 like i always do with klotz, but it keeps backfiring and sputtering... wtf !?

Dude... You're supposed to get your cylinders cut for a boost port coming from the coolant passage. After that you run the Type F in the radiator so it's like direct injection into the cylinder. Geez, don't you people know anything? :shootself:

Are you serious? This discussion is about what to use for tranny oil (in your crankcase). You mixed it with fuel and ran your engine on it? Did I miss something or are you pulling our chain?

glad to see that i'm not the only one confused here!