Stock stroke ported jug on a 4mill

WynoT

Half of these so called banshee "experts" where nowhere around in the early 90s.

That's why I want to do it myself. Maybe i'll never be an expert, and maybe I'll hate doing porting but, to know that I have to try. And I really like to do new thing too. THe worst thing that can happen is that I mess up a set of cylinder and I ended up with a Serval kit (Not so bad for me at all !) loll !

For the book, I'll try to find them. What do you think of Mac Dizzy's I begin to read his stuff.

I think I will do as you said armvet, I'll begin my job slowly with a port and polish and lower the port floor to BDC. See how he like it and work it more later.

What you should do is degree your drag jugs with stock stroke then with 4mil. That right there will educate you a lot. X-2 on Jennings, also H. Gramm Bell's book. Some to be learned on McDizzy. Even tho some down Jennings because it's 1970 tech, guess what, there's not much else available ! Been informed on here that if you contact the pipe manufacturer that they will tell you good range of ex timings for their pipe , don't know tho. Buy a bunch of gaskets and go to work. Just remember that at exhaust opening a little bit can be several degrees of timing. You can always take it out but cant put it back :jesterlaugh: .

For now I have a set of T6 with stock jug install on my bike and a set of T5 on my garage to work with my ported stock stroke jug that need new sleeve. I know T6 won't work great with ported engine so I found someone who want to trade his PT Mid's for my toomey's. I do trail riding in tight and wide open trail. But I prefer to set-up my bike for tight trail cause it's were I have problem with the Tommey's... There's much more high rev's pipe so i'm mostly on the clutch and tire slip all the time... I want a bike that push very hard in the midrange so i'll be able to adjust my gearage to run fast on open trail and still be able to let him torque on tight one.

But I was wondering if PT Mid and the 4mill will be too much Midrange bike and do I still have a bit of High Rev with this setup ?

Thanks

Edited by WynoT

In addition to a bit of porting,a bump in compression will help you on the low end and good midrange punch and will still pull good up top.Im not trying to get on a bandwagon like a lot of people but with my set up the pro circuits rip but i like my fmf also.The 4mil will give you more grunt but dont expect it to be 4 stroke like.Bnahsees are screamers anyhow...lol

hahaha no I don't want to be a 4 stroke. :P I had a 450r 2007 and I hate it, for sure the torque and powerband are cool and are even better than my shee but it's not comparable with a 2stroke pull... Anyway I just want my bike to be a bit less On/Off.