engine mods

jonvia

if you are just boring out your engine, and doing nothing else, will that help or hurt performance? some people have told if you bore out an engine too much without adding bigger cranks etc that it hurts performance? is that so?

if you are just boring out your engine, and doing nothing else, will that help or hurt performance? some people have told if you bore out an engine too much without adding bigger cranks etc that it hurts performance? is that so?

Why do you want/need to bore? You only bore it when it is needed. It is done to get the scratches out of the cylinders. You only can get so many bores out of the stock cylinders. So save them dont try and get power by making it a bigger bore on the stock cylinders. When you bore it it will be like a fresh motor again and return the power to what it should be.

In no way would it hurt the performance. When you do a clean up bore you actually gain like 3cc or 6cc (dont feel like figuring it out) depending on how much is bored but you probably wont notice a power gain from the displacement increase.

Why do you want/need to bore? You only bore it when it is needed. It is done to get the scratches out of the cylinders. You only can get so many bores out of the stock cylinders. So save them dont try and get power by making it a bigger bore on the stock cylinders. When you bore it it will be like a fresh motor again and return the power to what it should be.

In no way would it hurt the performance. When you do a clean up bore you actually gain like 3cc or 6cc (dont feel like figuring it out) depending on how much is bored but you probably wont notice a power gain from the displacement increase.

i was just curious lol. thanks for the info. i want to get some more power out of my shee its getting boring haha. mabey get some port work done? and re-jetting? idk. i want more power

Yeah, get your cylinders ported. What other mods do you have? Got pipes? Got stock head yet? What type of riding do you do?

its bored 65.5mm Pj34 carbs paul turner midrange pipes and k&n and soon vforce 3 reeds. i ride in open area , track like places, and trails i guess lol

its bored 65.5mm Pj34 carbs paul turner midrange pipes and k&n and soon vforce 3 reeds. i ride in open area , track like places, and trails i guess lol

You likely won't notice much of an increase in performance with the V3s on a stock ported motor. Advance timing if it isn't done already. Also re jetting wont net more performance unless the jetting isn't correct already. More compression with an aftermarket head and correct domes size will increase torque but depending on how much you go will determine the type of fuel needed to prevent detonation. Porting is the best bang for your buck next to increasing timing.

SP

Don't waste bores trying to make power. Save the bores for when you need them.

Give kevin at Herr Jugs Racing a call and get your cylinders ported! He does some awesome work. Porting is one of THE best power mods on the banshee. Give kevin a call and he will go over your options and riding style with you and get you hooked up with an awesome port job.