14mm cheetah gearing for 300 ft

Mister T

Running a stock frame with a +6 swingarm,front and rear struts lowered, 260 lb rider....depending on how many baconators that day lol

14mm cheetah with 72 mm bore....554 cc ? 39mm pwk's on alky,rdz oof's

Paddle tire to be decided....recommendations?

Where is a good starting point for sprocket gearing with this setup

That is gonna be a handful on a stock chassis. For comparison, I had a 14 Mil Cheetah and ran 76 - 77 r/o 14 Staggered extremes on a stretched stock chassis with a +12 swingarm; 16/43 Gearing, launch in 2nd. You may try 16/44 or 45 with your weight There's no way I'd ride that with a +6 arm, even with a bar. I broke a wheelie bar and the bolts in the struts (twice) because it launched so hard on the bar. Those bigger (relative to the Cub) motors feel so much faster, and have so much more torque; even when they don't lay down good times. I can ride a 14 Mil Cheetah and run 3.8s or run a Cub and run the same time, but the bigger motor reacts completely different (in a violent way), but that could have been in the chassis setup. Good luck and be careful!

This was mine.

bigriverdragbike_edited.jpg

• 5 months later...

Well this summer was a total write off for me and the banshee.

Lots of mechanical and tuning problems with the bike...very little time to work on the bike....and some health problems that are still being ironed out.

I am hoping to lighten the frame this winter, possibly re-paint the bike and get things set to go for the spring !!

The track I am going to run at a few times is approx 225 foot

What is a decent choice for paddles with my setup assuming I try the 16/44 or 45 sprocket gearing?