Anyone know anything about full flight A arms

Bansheeman1121

Im lookin into fullflight a arms on ebay... Not sure what kind of quality they are. Also what is better to run for me. I ride alot of open areas coal hills and open roads +3+1 or+2+1? Not to sure whats better for what type of riding! Thanx for some help

I've got a set of them on an Arctic Cat DVX 400 under works shocks and it makes for a pretty plush ride on that bike. I don't know if all of them come with Heim Joints but the set I have does. Quality seems to be ok. We don't ride the Cat too hard, well, most of the time we don't. Hehehe! I am happy with them on that bike. I am sure they would be decent for a Banshee as well.

SP

Dont waste your money,there are used sets and discounted burgards and asr on ebay all the time.

Full flights come with really flimsy heims. I have seen sets if them where they were uneven,like they didnt put them together right. The set i had got scratched up during instalation. My buddy broke a cheap heim at silver lake with a set of full flights and broke his leg. I really hate the heims.They freeze up,get dirty ect. The stock full flight heims,had play in them after 1 2hr ride. If you bought the full flights and then the upgraded heims from amstarmanufacturing you would be safe but a that point you could have bought a set of nicer arms.

The heims are a mistake that I wish arm manufacturers would have corrected from the beginning. Using those cheap ass heims instead of the quality ones, will forever tarnish their reputation. There is no question that a good quality Chromoly Teflon FK heim is stronger, lighter, more reliable, and just all around better than any ball joint ever produced. The problem is their price, which is why no manufacturers use them. A good quality heim will run you $35-40 a piece for those arms, and be essentially maintenance free, and outlast your quad. Every suspension setup that I've built, be it a sand car, rock crawler, or race vehicle, ALWAYS runs heims. You will not find a balljoint on any of these vehicles. Granted, the ones we run are anywhere from $30-$180 a piece, but nonetheless, we use them for a reason.

The ones these manufacturers use have no lining inside, therefore dirt, mud, or water gets inside, and grinds away at the joint, making them noisy and loose. As most people say, they wouldn't run those heims, and I wouldn't either. But I also wouldn't run ball joints. I'd replace all of them with FK brand JMX series heims. Just my two cents...

i remember at one point you had the option to order them in either shitty mild steel, or chromoly, (the arms themselves).. the chromoly option was like $100.. i wouldnt get the cheap steal ones. once you add the chromoly option, they cost as much, if not more, then most of the other chromoly arms out there

The heims are a mistake that I wish arm manufacturers would have corrected from the beginning. Using those cheap ass heims instead of the quality ones, will forever tarnish their reputation. There is no question that a good quality Chromoly Teflon FK heim is stronger, lighter, more reliable, and just all around better than any ball joint ever produced. The problem is their price, which is why no manufacturers use them. A good quality heim will run you $35-40 a piece for those arms, and be essentially maintenance free, and outlast your quad. Every suspension setup that I've built, be it a sand car, rock crawler, or race vehicle, ALWAYS runs heims. You will not find a balljoint on any of these vehicles. Granted, the ones we run are anywhere from $30-$180 a piece, but nonetheless, we use them for a reason.

The ones these manufacturers use have no lining inside, therefore dirt, mud, or water gets inside, and grinds away at the joint, making them noisy and loose. As most people say, they wouldn't run those heims, and I wouldn't either. But I also wouldn't run ball joints. I'd replace all of them with FK brand JMX series heims. Just my two cents...

The week spot in the heims that i saw was where the pin goes into the spindle. The full flights i saw break were at that spot,it wasnt even a big jump either.

I ran the +3 +1 a-arms three time befor i upgraded my frame, they where setup for the yfz 450 shock and i really liked them but I parted out the banshee frame and noticed that all the heims where loose and a little rusty(out side storage).

For my new frame i found a used set of leagers and wow the joints look twice as beef so i'm really glad to get away from them full flight.