Air Leak

you can also pull the choke. if the motor goes from a high rev/free rev situation to a more of a normal running idle then you do have an air leak. You can also find the air leak (as long as its not TOO big of a leak) by spraying some starting fluid or carb cleaner around all your gaskets/possible leak areas.....if the motor changes speeds then you definately found your spot.

The tester is REALLY cheap to make......hell its cheaper than $15 if you still have the stock carbs. i found that you don't need to extend the pvc tubes like they show on the write ups.......you can actually use just a 3/4" pvc end cap (the round ones) and they fit almost perfect into the carb boots......so there's no need to be gluing or buying any straight pipe pvc....just mount your stuff to the caps.

i also found that to make sure you have an accurate reading (some of those air tire guages can be alittle hard to read sometimes) you can us a digital air guarge on the valve stemt that you installed.....it works pretty well and also makes for a good check between the mechanical guage and the ditigal...

you can also pull the choke. if the motor goes from a high rev/free rev situation to a more of a normal running idle then you do have an air leak. You can also find the air leak (as long as its not TOO big of a leak) by spraying some starting fluid or carb cleaner around all your gaskets/possible leak areas.....if the motor changes speeds then you definately found your spot.

The tester is REALLY cheap to make......hell its cheaper than $15 if you still have the stock carbs. i found that you don't need to extend the pvc tubes like they show on the write ups.......you can actually use just a 3/4" pvc end cap (the round ones) and they fit almost perfect into the carb boots......so there's no need to be gluing or buying any straight pipe pvc....just mount your stuff to the caps.

i also found that to make sure you have an accurate reading (some of those air tire guages can be alittle hard to read sometimes) you can us a digital air guarge on the valve stemt that you installed.....it works pretty well and also makes for a good check between the mechanical guage and the ditigal...

If the choke makes your idle better that could just be to small of a pilot,among other things