clutch failure?

jonvia

so, ive had this problem for a longgggg time! i cant figure it out. when i engage the clutch and rev up, the banshee wants to creep forward! and you can see the back wheels trying to move also. ive had this clutch worked on two times at a shop and nothing helped. they replaced springs, and most of everything internal. Would it be the clutch pusher? or the rod on top thats on the outside? or mabey the spring on the top outside part? ahh idk! somebody help! i need this fixed so i do not cause future damage haha

Mine does this when cold but goes away when the tranny warms up. You could solve it by putting the rubber rings back in the clutch, that is why Yamaha installed them in the first place. They help the plates of the clutch seperate when you pull the lever. It doesn't hurt anything the way it is, but you do run the risk of welding the ball to the clutch pushrod if you are reving it up with the clutch lever pulled.

IF it truely is adjusted properly and you have a new cable there are two more options. A thinner oil or use ATF, or just don't rev it up in gear. What ever the reason is you need to do this put it in neutral.

hmm would it have to do anything with the spring on the engager? like the thing the cable is connected to on the outside of the clutch lol. idk anyone who is good with clutches around my area :/ lol. they dont care about helping out someone haha just about the money. what do you mean by a thinner oil? for the tranny?

there is different weighs for oil

like 10w30 is thinner than 15w40, but 10w30 is thicker than 0w20. shit like that.

just use some ATF type F.

but make sure you have it adjusted properly at all the places you can adjust it.

yeah i see what you are saying, i might try changing my tranny oil.mabey that will help. how much does it take? lol. how many quarts? haha

my old yz80 (1979) does this and for some reason it wont engage sometimes when cold but once hot the cluth plates expand and works great. is the banshee warm when this happens? if not i think its the clutch plates not the springs

it does it hot or cold. it doesnt matter :/ lol

yeah i see what you are saying, i might try changing my tranny oil.mabey that will help. how much does it take? lol. how many quarts? haha

well in theory the clutch plates expand when hot and help with that but yours isnt doin this i would call the shop you got it done at and complane

ii used 14w40 in my 80 and its junk. i run 80w90 in my250 never 1 probalem what oil are you usein?

i honestly dont know haha. i havent changed it in a long time :/ lol.that might just be my clutch problem

I assume you mean disengage the clutch. And I don't see why this is a problem. Are you just creeping forward at a drag line? Apply a little front brake. You shouldn't need to hold in the clutch for long periods of time and rev it. I personally don't think you have any problem.