7mil cub

Boston

so Im in the process of having a 7mil cub built and i want a drag/hillshooter bike with this.. so I will be running alcohol with it. What is the best carb to run alky thru and easy to tune? Ive read a bit on how to run

it and i get that you have to purge it after your done riding. What are some other things that I need to know?

ease of tune is going to be a lectron, they have very few adjustments. I prefer the 39PWKs. We run 20:1 with 927. Purging can be a bit realxed with this ratio and oil. Alky attracts water BAD. Only mix up what you plan on using. Leave the rest in a sealed pail, or drum. After just a few weeks in a can it tends to attract the moisture and I throw it out. Make sure you have a chain and working brakes on your bike on intial startup so incase your too lean and it runs away you can get it in gear and kill the motor. Once your up and running, lean isnt always mean. You can push on it, but the power will drop off if you get it too lean..

Carb choice is like Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge.

It's what you're comfortable with.

I've used PWKs, I love my Lectrons...no carb is everyone's cup of tea.

I know K&T likes running Mikunis.

Dan Hull (A&S) swears by PWK...

Again, it's what you feel comfortable tuning with and in your price range. I could list pros and cons of each of these carbs...