A couple jetting questions...

dcalsv02

I just finished my bike and I change my pipes and need to re-jet. My setup is stock jugs with mild porting, 66mm pistons, stock carbs (310 mains, stock pilots, which won't idle. haven't touched the air screw), dual k&n pods with outer-wears, stock reeds, cool head with 17cc domes, Paul Turner pipes (formerly t-5's), cascade silencers. With the change in pipes would I be jetting up or down from where I am now? I plan on buying jets but I don't know which way to go. It's a dune only, so its always near sea level. second question, what pilots do I need to make it idle? Is there a definite answer, or do I need to do guess and check? What about my air screw? Do I need to mess with that? Last question... I know this is a jetting forum, but Is there anything in my description of my setup that screams failure? I have a true and welded crank, and weisco pistons. Sorry for all the terrible grammar, and scatter brained questions. I am in a bit of a hurry at the moment. Thanks in advance for all the helpful advice.

The only thing i can say is 17cc domes require somereal good gas or alky or e-85,how mild is the porting and whats the compression at

Im also running +4 on my timing plate. I will get my hands on a compression tester as soon as I can and get back to you. I am running straight race fuel. Im not sure on the brand of fuel. As for the porting. I took my cylinders to cascade and they looked at them (I was told the porting was a trinity port prior) and said that it had mild porting. Looks like a clean up type port as far as I can tell. Im not sure if the port timing has been changed or anything. Thanks again.

I would start at 350 mains, 30 pilot, 1.5 out on the airscrews and try that.

I run 380 mains, 30 pilots and 1.5 on the airscrews and I have the mods in my signature. I only run at Glamis and my bike runs perfect.

If you dune during the winter, temperatures can swing 35 degrees. It can be 32F at night and then hit 70 during the day. You want to make sure you are jetted for the cooler temps. Your bike will lean out if you don't.

I would start at 350 mains, 30 pilot, 1.5 out on the airscrews and try that.

I run 380 mains, 30 pilots and 1.5 on the airscrews and I have the mods in my signature. I only run at Glamis and my bike runs perfect.

If you dune during the winter, temperatures can swing 35 degrees. It can be 32F at night and then hit 70 during the day. You want to make sure you are jetted for the cooler temps. Your bike will lean out if you don't.

Really 350 mains? Are they stock carbs? I have 310's in and my bike seems rich now. Im not at the dunes now, but here the elevation (here it is 460 ish) is about the same as the beach but the air is more dense and my bike bogs if I snap the throttle here. Which has me thinking I will need to jet down when I get to the beach when the air is thinner. I have the stock needle and it is the third from the top I believe.

• 4 weeks later...