need jetting help

hey i have an 01 banshee with stock engine. it has the a k and n pod filter. full fmf exhaust. no snorkle. i live in pa. i am having issues when accelerating. it feels boggy until i hit powerband. i have no idea what jets are in it or how to jet it or where to start, when i changed the plugs they were slightly black. anyone have any suggestions? im thiking maybe 300 mains and 30 pilots? but have no idea if that is close or way off. also no idea how to jet a banshee or adjust the needles. any help is appreciated.

take the whole lid off, or at least drill a bunch of 1" holes in the lid, and try a 27.5 pilot, you shouldnt need a 30 on that setup,

start at a 300 main jet, and work down from there, better off to start on the rich side

the plugs should never get black on the porceline, should get tan/light brown

theres really no way to instruct you on how to do it, untill you take the carbs off and just go for it

changing the needle setting can be a pain with the spring and retainer clip on the slide, but once you do it once itll be easy , i forget what the standard setting was on the stock needles, i have been the using the toomey needles for so long now

the manuals help a little bit, but sometimes they can be more confusing than anythign else, post anymore questions as you go and someone will be happy to answer them for you

okay so you have to take the carbs completely off on one of these? i know on my yfz you could just turn them

Let me clarify a little. It starts out okay but as soon as you hammer the throttle it dogs. If you clutch a little or feather the gas you can get into powerband. Once there its great. Idk what the jetting is. But I switched it to amsoil premix at about 3oz to one gallon. The kid before me had it at 32:1 yamalube. Idk what to do or how to do it. If you could pklease give me details I would greatly appreciate it. I know nothing about these. I've jetted and put in an adjustable air fuel screw on my yfz but I didn't have to take the carb off to do it. Im so lost please help.

okay so you have to take the carbs completely off on one of these? i know on my yfz you could just turn them

Let me clarify a little. It starts out okay but as soon as you hammer the throttle it dogs. If you clutch a little or feather the gas you can get into powerband. Once there its great. Idk what the jetting is. But I switched it to amsoil premix at about 3oz to one gallon. The kid before me had it at 32:1 yamalube. Idk what to do or how to do it. If you could pklease give me details I would greatly appreciate it. I know nothing about these. I've jetted and put in an adjustable air fuel screw on my yfz but I didn't have to take the carb off to do it. Im so lost please help.

If you are going to take the air box completly out, you better go higher than a 300 main.

I run 380 mains with 2:1 air filter setup and T5's. My bike runs perfect.

Everyone is scared to go bit on jetting. I would rather have a slight bog/rich then burn up a piston.