Yfz calipers

bigborebanshee

I installed a set of yfz calipers on my banshee this weekend.Noticed a huge improvement in braking.I run a 23 inch front wheel and the stock banshee brakes would blow right through them.With the yfz calipers I could actually get them to lock up for a second .i did not really notice a problem with the stockers until i started running taller front tires for woods riding.The yfz calipers also use pads that have more surface area to them,much like the 87-89 banshees did.

I was able to pick up a set of used calipers with dam near new pads for 70 shipped...Great mod for the price

06 and later yfz's have duel piston calipers on the rear.

the rears are larger and heavy compared to the fronts, I put a yfz front caliper on the rear of our TT flat track quad.

450 rear calipers are also pretty expensive. Like CJC I used a rf 450 caliper on a homemade bracket.

Stock rear bracket I tried to modify to work on the rear next to 450 front bracket my creation is the bottom bracket.

0814101135.jpg

Mounted

0814101141.jpg

0814101142.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Probable didnt make the kind of differance the fronts did but still worth the trouble. If anyone knows if a 450 rear is a direct bolt up please post pics.