need some ancers 2 air box mod

so i just bought a 2000 'shee and i got it piped so far i know if i mess with the air box carbs will have 2 b re jeted. but 2 what size do thay have 2 go 2 and whear can i get jets at?

You need to rejet it anyway if you just put pipes on. We need to know what pipes, other mods, elevation, gas/oil mix you are running. Every bike jets out differently depending on these things.

why do you need to re jet for pipes? i thought rejetting was needed for any intake modifications such as removing the airbox, snorkle or changing carbs... i was under the assumption that rejetting was needed for intake changes not exhaust changes. i have a stock motor, stock airbox and intake and reeds with FMF fattys and i didnt have to rejet. i could be completely wrong but adding exhaust to a factory motor should require jetting. :confused:

why do you need to re jet for pipes? i thought rejetting was needed for any intake modifications such as removing the airbox, snorkle or changing carbs... i was under the assumption that rejetting was needed for intake changes not exhaust changes. i have a stock motor, stock airbox and intake and reeds with FMF fattys and i didnt have to rejet. i could be completely wrong but adding exhaust to a factory motor should require jetting. :confused:

Any modifications you make to the intake and exhaust will require a jetting change. You added a less restrictive exhaust that will make more power. This will create a lean condition and ruin your engine. 260~280ish main jets depending upon your location/ elevation & temp. Id suggest pulling the lid off, adding a clampon airfilter to your setup. You're leaving hp on the table.

hilarious is totallly right. ANYtime you change somethign that has to deal with exhaust and intake you need to rejet. if you don't you can actually cause premature wear (if your lucky) and if your not lucky....you can actually run it so lean that it will have a meltdown and cause you to wind up walking home...

oh yea....and i forgot to mention....please try and type out words rather than use thigns like 2 or h8 or crap like that.....

it gets annoying and makes you seem rather juvenile....

im not complaining to make you feel bad.....and im sorry if i am.....that's not my intentions. But you WILL get more answers (see.....not ancers <-- that just looks stupid) if you type things out correctly. its not that difficult.....hell its only one extra key stroke to spell out the word to.

thanks......

sorry again for the rant