Questions

hi, I have a couple of questions for you.

What carb size should i have with these mods: stroker +4 long rod, t5 pipes, cool head, wiseco 795 pistons, barnett clutch, +4 degree pin?

Does oem piston rings are the same as the 795 wiseco? could i transfer a good set to another piston?

I have a cool head with stroker domes and a stock head with stroker domes too. Is the difference between both is noticeable??

What should I add on my banshee to make it more reliable?

thank you.

some 34mm carbs would be a good choice but it all depends on what your going to do with the bike. all depends on what cc your domes are cut at. not sure on the rings but i would only run the rings that are made for the 795 pistons. To make a banshee reliable all you have to do is set your carbs up right and run good oils.

If you're drag ported run some 35s. If its not ported at all stick with stock carbs and get it ported. If its mildly ported I would run 28s.

I'm drag ported and the guy that had these cylinders before me was running 38mm carbs. I like to do long line distance and a little bit of trail.. do I still need 35.5mm? the difference with these and with 38mm is it that big??

I'm drag ported and the guy that had these cylinders before me was running 38mm carbs. I like to do long line distance and a little bit of trail.. do I still need 35.5mm? the difference with these and with 38mm is it that big??

You didn't list carbs so I figured you were stock. What carburetors are currently on it? I generally stay away from Mikuni carbs. I'm more familiar with Keihins and IMO they're easier to tune and play with. 35mm PWKs will be best I think. 38s might show a tiny slight increase in the top end but it'll start to get lazy lower in the band. There's plenty of used 35 PWKs that pop up quite often. I purchased a set with K&N filters for $175 last year.

yess i have stock carbs and thank you for your answer it helps me a lot ;) did you take your kit from ebay or something like that??

Nope, bought off a member on here. Search the for sale section on here and post up a wanted ad in the wanted section if you have the funds already. Most of the members here aren't looking to rip other members off so prices are pretty fair compared to ebay and such. So, if you get a good deal then give someone else a fair deal when you sell things and it all works as long as guys are honest.

If you live in Canada, most of the members are from the USA so shipping shouldn't be too terrible on a small item like carbs.

hahaha ok sorry i was wondering where all people here were living.. now could you tell me what do i need in the kit if I change my carbs?? sorry to ask you all these questions.. :cheers:

hi, I have a couple of questions for you.

What carb size should i have with these mods: stroker +4 long rod, t5 pipes, cool head, wiseco 795 pistons, barnett clutch, +4 degree pin?

Does oem piston rings are the same as the 795 wiseco? could i transfer a good set to another piston?

I have a cool head with stroker domes and a stock head with stroker domes too. Is the difference between both is noticeable??

What should I add on my banshee to make it more reliable?

thank you.

I know stock rings dont work on wiesco 513's not sure about 795's

oops, I forgot about the rest of your questions. haha, here I go. I don't know what carbs you have now, so I'll assume its stock. You'll need throttle cable, intake for 35mm carbs, and pod filters. You might score some of those items with the carbs you purchase. You also might have the cable, filters, or intake already depending on the parts you currently have.

As for the other questions....

1. Basically covered. I would NOT run the degree key. Pick up a factory woodruff key for there and mod your timing plate or purchase a timing plate (again cheap when found used). Those keys can shear and cause chaos in your stator cover.

2. Pick up Wiseco replacement rings

3. Need to know the volume of the combustion chamber to give you a definate answer. The stock head might be cut for 18cc where the domes for the aftermarket head might be 22cc (the stock would then make more power at the expense of higher fuel octane requirements). Give us some more info on the heads and we can help you.

4. Kind of a loaded question. lol, basics I would do to any motor is a full tune up of course. Make sure its jetted correctly. I would swap out the cheap plastic water pump impeller with an aftermarket metal piece if it hasn't been done. I would check over your clutch basket (especially if stock) for hairline cracks on the fingers and worn grooves in the fingers. Grab a case saver (I choose T.M. design).

A side note, if you're drag ported those T5s are not ideal for you IMO. I think CPIs would suit you if you're still doing other activities besides drag racing and Shearers if you're pretty much screaming all the time. I am going to try out some R2s on my banshee with a 421 serval. I might recommend them depending on how they behave when I actually get to experience them.