Is my transmission going out?

I have noticed that sometimes when under hard acceleration I cannot shift easily unless I reach down and pull the shifter up by hand. Or I can let off the gas and slow down and granny shift it. I have the tusk hd clutch modded shift shaft and star. Also have k&n no lid and fmfs properly jetted. I run belray gear saver and klotz r50. I think that is about it. any help is greatly appreciated.

When I got the shee the clutch lever was inoperable because the previous owner had lost the nut on the eccentric screw and was running it that way for who knows how long. So if it is shift forks how would I know without tearing into it. I hate having the shee down for any amount of time... lol. I can do all the work myself usually. I will probably be changing out the clutch basket too because I noticed the "ears" have some grooves.

If the grooves are deep then your clutch might not be disengaging properly causing a hard shift, too. The eccentric screw to adjust the shift shaft has nothing in common with the clutch assembly. Its a cammed screw that adjusts the height of the shift shaft so that it can be properly centered over the shift star. Might as well get into the motor now. Procrastinating means your quad is still down in the main riding season (and people with short patience levels will usually throw it together in a hurry resulting in costly mistakes). Check out farmandsandtoys.com. Jeff Wendorff is a site sponsor and carries the parts you'll need (and want since you're in there). I would pick up a magnum basket, new clutch, pancake bearing, modded shift shaft, easy spring, modded shift star, billet water pump, and the nesseccary oil and gaskets. These are all worth while mods while you're inside the clutch cover and will be well worth it. If the problem still persists, then its time to pull the motor and split the cases. This is the only way to access the forks.

I was thinking about it and it was the clutch adjustment screw not the eccentric. lol. But I am going to try and clean the grooves off the clutch basket and see if that will help. I plan on going through the motor and trans soon though just so I know whats there and address any issues. Also I did the easy spring roller modded shift shaft and shift star.

WOW you need a new trans and a modded stock trans set up. probably new shift forks also. new shift shaft, spring detent, nut etc as well replace all that and it will shift so well you wont rember what it was like before.

• 2 weeks later...

my clutch after pulling a loaded canoe, i was riding the clutch and now the clutch doesnt engage until 90 percent out on the lever. I adjusted the cable but i had it adjusted all the way out. now its all the way in and seems to be over revving when flooring it. dont know if tires were spinning but i was getting much quicker acceleration.

my clutch after PULLING A LOADED CANOE, i was riding the clutch and now the clutch doesnt engage until 90 percent out on the lever. I adjusted the cable but i had it adjusted all the way out. now its all the way in and seems to be over revving when flooring it. dont know if tires were spinning but i was getting much quicker acceleration.

what the shit.... :confused: