cant figure this out

Kev55

my banshee will barely start and when it does it will randomly rev up in idle. actually when it revs up its like the left cylinder stops firing and then the right just starts revving up then it will just die. All while im just standing next to it watching it idle by itself. The throttle valves are in their bottom idle position and the throttle is untouched. its gotta be something carburetor im thinking but i cant figure it out. any ideas?

-Kev

Edited by Kev55

my banshee will barely start and when it does it will randomly rev up in idle. actually when it revs up its like the left cylinder stops firing and then the right just starts revving up then it will just die. All while im just standing next to it watching it idle by itself. The throttle valves are in their bottom idle position and the throttle is untouched. its gotta be something carburetor im thinking but i cant figure it out. any ideas?

-Kev

Did you take your carbs appart? Did you switch the slides by mistake and put them in backwards? The beveled edge should face the airbox...You should also check for air leaks or a lean condition.

Edited by VooDooBanshee

Did you take your carbs appart? Did you switch the slides by mistake and put them in backwards? The beveled edge should face the airbox...You should also check for air leaks or a lean condition.

ya installed a twist throttle kit w/ TORS cancelers, the slides were backwards lol problem solved thanks man!

Edited by Kev55