Looking for st. Anthoney riders

Hey there I am here to ask some one about the riding at st. Anthoney's in Idaho. It seems to be one of the few dunes that might be worth my wild to visit. It would be a ten hour drive for me and I just want to make sure it is worth it, being that I only two hours from kick ass DUMONT DUNES.

Thanks for anyones input....

Hey there I am here to ask some one about the riding at st. Anthoney's in Idaho. It seems to be one of the few dunes that might be worth my wild to visit. It would be a ten hour drive for me and I just want to make sure it is worth it, being that I only two hours from kick ass DUMONT DUNES.

I've never personally been to ST. Anthony's but heard its got some awesome riding and would be worth checking out.

I spend all my time at Sand Mountain/Little Sahara, Utah since its only 90 minutes from me :headbang:

Went there for the first time last year and cant wait to go back. It kicks ass wish I lived closer but will still be back soon. If you like long steep hills it is the place to ride.

I've never personally been to ST. Anthony's but heard its got some awesome riding and would be worth checking out.

I spend all my time at Sand Mountain/Little Sahara, Utah since its only 90 minutes from me :headbang:

there's also a kick ass dune complex in northern nv, called sand mt. U should check it out can't be to far from u

Went there for the first time last year and cant wait to go back. It kicks ass wish I lived closer but will still be back soon. If you like long steep hills it is the place to ride.

I was just wondering how close the dunes were to the water, and how close is the camping to

the dunes? What time of the year is best to go?

The only water there is a lake that is not very big and the camping is right next to the sand. Just depends on how hot you like it. It gets really cold and snows in the winter there and gets pretty warm in the summer.

I drove 27 hours to go out there. It was awesome. Place looked dead most of the time. It was great. It's more of a riders place then for partying I think. Once we got out in the dunes there weren't a ton of people out there. It was nice. Big ass hills. Some of em turned my stomach, like riding a big ass roller coaster. Im a sissy though, not used to real hills. I've got my wife talked into moving out there so I can ride more often. Can't wait.

we decided to stay in town @ the only hotel in st anthony because we needed food and fuel every morning, and not to mention the hotel was a block away from the ONLY bar in town :headbang:

we have only ever gone in june and i thnik its awesome. but a few locals say that later in july, Aug. and sept is the best time to go. They said the peaks of the dunes tend to round off and are better for jumping and what not.

Yes. It was worth my 12 hour drive, and has been for 3 yrs. I took the month of june off and plan on spending 2 weeks of it there :cheers:

Edited by crazycanuck

what's the best time of the year to go, weather wise? And can u swim in the water?

last year we were their in april and we got a half an inch of snow, it was cold lol. i would not go swiming in the water thats me though. We stayed at Idaho Dunes RV Park ad was a very nice place, hot showers and very nice people

last year we were their in april and we got a half an inch of snow, it was cold lol. i would not go swiming in the water thats me though. We stayed at Idaho Dunes RV Park ad was a very nice place, hot showers and very nice people

We swam in the water and so were most all the rest of the people that were camped there. The water was not very deep but nice to cool off in.

We swam in the water and so were most all the rest of the people that were camped there. The water was not very deep but nice to cool off in.

yea, here ya go

• 2 weeks later...

i go for a week every summer. its the best riding i have done thus far. and ST. A's has some BIG hills, but choke cherry, and the big stuff is not right by the campground. but there is a trail right to them.

i stay in the hotel in st anthony because i dont have a camper... yet. but i go long past the campground to park in an almost vacant parking lot that is less than a mile to the big hills. only people i see at this parking lot are the drug task force guys cruising in their jacked Suzi Samurai, and a local or two.

i love st anthony's because besides the campground area there is almost no one there. i hate crowds, squids, and parking lot superstars.

i have only unloaded at the campground once and will never unload there again, lots of parking lot superstars and squids. a group of idiots trying to jump down the trail on the side of the dunes to get to the big hills. i got off my bike and had a few words with the idiot who almost landed on my brother when we were coming up a small dune on the trail. needless to say that spineless s*** wont make that mistake again.

PS and by the way my pic is choke cherry. its HUGE

Edited by DieHard2Smoker

• 2 weeks later...

i live 2 hours from st anthonys and make many trips there during the season. befor i moved here i lived in hesperia CA 1 1/2 hours from dumont and made many trips there.

you could hide dumont in st anthonys. it does not have a comp hill that truns into a big party like dumont. but there is plenty of racing on the busy weekends at crapo hill and choke cherry.

to give you a idea of how big and steep choke is, a stock honda 400 ex or a stock 250 2 stroke 2 wheeler with a 200 lbs rider will not make it up.

we will be making are firts trip soon, have not set a date yet wating on a friend from las vegas to set his date but i will post all trips we make. and i will take a gps this time and post the cords to the things you will want to see. if you have any questions or need help feal free to pm me.