4Mill Cub engine builders

Hey guys been on the site about a year now and love it. Built my first shee last year after ditching the 521yfz and realizing how slow it was and a pain in the ass to build work on and maintain. Built first shee it was a bolt together cub with over counter parts and 38pwks, pis and dynatek. Rode it one week end and not impressed called Matt shearer and ordered pipes was convinced to call K&T for a lil refresher and ordered there drag ported cubs and domes. All I can say was wow after upin jets from 170s to 195s and still short on fuel its was another demon. Yet still here about one guys name. Kevin and Hjr. I love bikes and spendin money got off phone with kevin and he said my drag port on my spare cubs and domes are done and on way home. Also said ill like how they run and will run 39pwks. I have a set 38mikunis bored to 41 with powerjets for K&T juggs now also. Just curios who has hjr cubs and what they thought how they run. I here hes the man and has some impressive videos. So curiousity has got me to order a set his juggs, Who has the green frame with swuede seated 4mill cub, i heard members say its the fastest 4mill they have seen. I have to here what you guys think and lets here from hjr cub memebers how they run,

Thanx again Carlton Miller

I for one would vouch for kevin's work. He can make the bikes run for sure. Ive had 3 of his motors and will continue to use him for years to come. But to get the most out of the motor you need to tune the shit out of it everytime its ran, IE; tires, tire pressure, jetting, and gearing.

I have a cleaned up 421 from F.A.S.T. on 110, with 39's and it hauls ass. I cant speak for HERR Juggs only because I havent had him do any work yet. I would like to have an engine from every one of our sponsors but that wont be happening lol . Jeff is a great guy and stands behind his work.

here is a video of mine, HARD packed ground, SHITTY tires, and NO time spent on jetting, still scoots along pretty good i thought. skip to 30 seconds.

Edited by crazycanuck

I may have been mistaken on the seat material but the bike in questin just showed up. Buy the sig we can figure out whos it is. May not be worlds fastest but enough names on here have mentioned it. Thanx for replys and thats why im rollin dice and givin Kev a shot. In sept ill be buildin a drag ported 10mill and this will tell me who im goin with dont get me wrong i love the way my K&T 4mill pulls it was a huge wake up call. I also need to learn the setup to squeeze all out of her. Ie gearing and jetting and tire pressures. For starters 4mill hjr will have 18domes on 39pwks cel needle and c12. Plan to maybe get alky carbs this summer to. Thanx again. Carlton Miller

For starters 4mill hjr will have 18domes on 39pwks cel needle and c12. Plan to maybe get alky carbs this summer to. Thanx again. Carlton Miller

You get used to using the C12, methanol will be an entire different ballgame. You will wonder why you didnt try it sooner.

Never thought about that route, Ive ran c12 for about 6 years now in 521yfz, 501yfzm friends sons 230 blaster, and my $mill K&t motor. Whats involved in meth and is it same as alky pumps and diff carbs.

There is a little to it but the gains are wonderful.

Methanol is corrosive and attracts moisture. You cannot leave any unused in your fuel tank or engine. You have to purge it out of your engine with gasoline to prevent rust, corrosion of internal engine parts and deterroration of seals, rubber/ plastic components. This part is easy. You will need to use an oil compatable with methanol also. Id also suggest using the same oil with your purge gas.

The only downside i see is consumption. Cant ride too far from the fuel can. It takes more than gasoline so your carbs will have to be set up for it. I would have hjr do this as he is doing your engine work?

You will also notice cooler operating temp.

I noticed a pretty significant gain converting over to methanol.

I'd maybe try working on the setup with the motors you have already? K&T builds a mean bike, just takes time to get everything else on the bike setup and tuned correctly. You're not going to get teh fastest bike just buying a new cylinder and having hit ported by someone else each time.

I think we have a good group of advertised motor builders here. I have seen them all and they all do good work. It’s a complete thrill to be in the running with them. Thanks for all your business.

Milker, the green bike is the one in the sig you just saw.its not the fastest in the states, but it is damn fast! We run similar HJR drag ported cubs on alky and he gets me by a bike every run.you won't have any doubts on kevins work once you take it for a spin.

Just about any 4 mil Cub can run with or beat any other one, ported or not. HP to weight ratio, tires, gearing, chassis setup, wheelie bar length - that's what makes one faster than the other on the track. The fastest 4 mil Cub (397cc )in the country is owned and built by Jason Menz. He built the motor and chassis. I'm talking about 300 ft track racing - you may be talking about dunes, hill shooting, etc.

Just about any 4 mil Cub can run with or beat any other one, ported or not. HP to weight ratio, tires, gearing, chassis setup, wheelie bar length - that's what makes one faster than the other on the track. The fastest 4 mil Cub (397cc )in the country is owned and built by Jason Menz. He built the motor and chassis. I'm talking about 300 ft track racing - you may be talking about dunes, hill shooting, etc.

I thought 4mm cubs with 68mm bore are 421's. Does it have 65mm bore if its 397cc?? I didnt think the 4mm castings came in anyhting but 68mm . BUt i definatly could be wrong .

Edited by crazycanuck