How many quarts of oil do our tranny's take?

bennny

I searched and didn't find anything for certain on it, so I thought i'd ask. I'm a newb and am changing my tranny oil, i've heard 1.5 quarts but it seems like one quart got it to the dip stick. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

i believe its 1.6 stock cover 2.0 lockout cover

i just fill it till it comes out the top!!!!

also there is a number CC on the side cover if your changing the oil you have looked right at it a few times. thats 1500cc of oil in the transmission..

if your bike is all stock then you dont have a lockup cover.

what kind of oil did you put in it?

i just fill it till it comes out the top!!!!

also there is a number CC on the side cover if your changing the oil you have looked right at it a few times. thats 1500cc of oil in the transmission..

if your bike is all stock then you dont have a lockup cover.

what kind of oil did you put in it?

I put in Redline 80w gear oil with shockproof.

When you check the gear oil you remove the dipstick, wipe it off, put it back in but don't thread it down. That could change your level a decent amount.

If you don't thread it down, then it takes more than 1.5-1.6 quarts to fill. On most any motor/tranny that has a threaded dip stick you are supposed to thread it down to get an accurate reading

Edited by bennny

If you don't thread it down, then it takes more than 1.5-1.6 quarts to fill. On most any motor/tranny that has a threaded dip stick you are supposed to thread it down to get an accurate reading

This is how the manual tells you to do it and it turns out it is 1500 cc when you do it this way.