Keep stock cylinder FAST Dune port 4 mill or switch to a Serval setup

Might be looking for a new project next winter. I currently have a F.A.S.T. dune port stock cylinder 4 mill. It has pwk 35's, CPI's, +4 timing, VF2's, Fast Clutch billit basket, ect. About 162 PSI. Just curious if anyone thinks switching over to a Several would be worth it. Ride mostly trails. I figure I really dont need too much to make it work with my current setup and I could get a decent amount for my stock cylinders.

I've looked at a lot of info on the servals. I know 90 HP is possible with shearers but that would hurt the low end so I would stick with the CPIs. Not sure how aggressive your port is? I haven't seen any dyno numbers on the FAST dune port. Jeff said in another post they are worth a little more in HP and TQ and if someone had stock cylinders to port already that would be the cheaper way to go. So lets say for arguements sake, the servals are worth 5-10 in HP and TQ. The real question you have to ask yourself is , if that amount gain is worth the $795 for cylinders and whatever the cost of domes are if you have a cool head or if you don't you will have to buy one (I don't think the stock one can be modded but I could be wrong). So is $1000 worth the little gain?

I've looked at a lot of info on the servals. I know 90 HP is possible with shearers but that would hurt the low end so I would stick with the CPIs. Not sure how aggressive your port is? I haven't seen any dyno numbers on the FAST dune port. Jeff said in another post they are worth a little more in HP and TQ and if someone had stock cylinders to port already that would be the cheaper way to go. So lets say for arguements sake, the servals are worth 5-10 in HP and TQ. The real question you have to ask yourself is , if that amount gain is worth the $795 for cylinders and whatever the cost of domes are if you have a cool head or if you don't you will have to buy one (I don't think the stock one can be modded but I could be wrong). So is $1000 worth the little gain?

I see your point however I was planning on waiting till I need a bore. Also my cylinders have a few bores left on them. The port work is great looking and I shouldnt have a problem getting 350 or more for the cylinders. I have a noss head now with cut domes. Not sure if these will work or not yet. Also are the Servals Nikasil (sp)?

I'm pretty sure they are nikisil and the servals are big bore cylinders so you would need big bore domes. I just had Jeff build me a 4mil serval. I haven't gotten to get it in the bike yet cause I'm in tge process of doing the frame and everything but I'll be running r2 pipes and 35mm air strikers and Jeff says it should hall ass. The only reason I went with them is the power curve that they have. Haven't ridin one or even seen one run but get are supposed to be tge most usable cylinder out there.

The bores are nikasil coated.

I already have a 68 x 58 serval from FAST sitting on my shelf, now waiting on my hard running stock stroke GRR cylinders to reach the end of their careers...

I'll be running 33PWK's and will attempt to cut a stock head to match. Not sure on pipes yet, I have FMF's on the bike and a set of PT mids hanging in the garage, I'm also looking around for some PC's

Should be an interesting ride with a -2 swingarm...