Shifting issue

Dunerider

Hey everyone. Well last time I took the shee out when I would go to shift down it would click like it was shifting but it wasn't I could push the shifter down over and over and it would click every time but it almost felt more like a something giving out click. It would shift up fine every time but trying to get it to shift down a gear was a pain and sometimes it wouldn't until I drove a little bit which sucked starting out in to high of gears . Any ideas

Thanks

Hey everyone. Well last time I took the shee out when I would go to shift down it would click like it was shifting but it wasn't I could push the shifter down over and over and it would click every time but it almost felt more like a something giving out click. It would shift up fine every time but trying to get it to shift down a gear was a pain and sometimes it wouldn't until I drove a little bit which sucked starting out in to high of gears . Any ideas

Thanks

Bad shift shaft or bent shift fork or your shift shaft eccentric moved and is out of adjustment. Pull your clutch cover and check things out. Make sure that everything is adjusted per the service manual that you should have.

Yeah I was going to pull it apart and check it out but wanted a starting point of what to check. I don't have a manuel I have owned the bike for years completely rebuilt the engine never got a manuel though. I look at it as that's money I could spend on mods

...just get the book. There's no "mod" that does more for you and your banshee per dollar than a good Clymers.