Sniper Inframe Review

SuprSlow50

Why havent there been any reviews of the new Snipers by the site sponsors or anyone else for that matter? It seems odd to me that I cannot find a single review besides the one on Passions website.

Anyone hear anything about them? I just sold my pipes and need to get a set but I cannot decide between CPI, Shearer and Sniper.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why havent there been any reviews of the new Snipers by the site sponsors or anyone else for that matter? It seems odd to me that I cannot find a single review besides the one on Passions website.

Anyone hear anything about them? I just sold my pipes and need to get a set but I cannot decide between CPI, Shearer and Sniper.

Because "Our World" is snowed in on an EPIC level. The "other guys" are running OOF pipes wide open at glamis. Most (Not all) but most of the In-Frame crowd is in hibernation. :shrugani: I'm waiting like you. I have a friend who will be getting his set for his 4mill DM soon, and he's going straight to the dyno......So I'll let you know what he finds out. I'd like to hear how they work for 4-10 mill cubs, 4-10 mill DM's, and 4-10 mill Servals.....

Thanks, let me kno when you find out...I too am stuck with "20in" of snow that is really more like 48-70" with drifting. Not sure how bad you guys got it up in Geneva, but it was bad out here.. Hopefully some people in those warmer southern states or builders will test them out! I sold my pipes so I cant ride until I get another set!! banghead

Edited by SuprSlow50

there are no review's because nobody has any yet..

and yea the people that would run them are snowed in. OR running other pipes right now.

i'm curious also. BUT they are set up for 421 cubs....

They are adjustable for whatever size motor you have. You order them per your set-up. They aren't like a CPI or Shearer with a Small bore/Big bore offering. If you have your CC's, port timings, compression, etc. They will design a custom pipe for your motor. The section sizes are designed so that they can change them before welding, to shape them to fit your motors needs...............Sooner or later we'll know weather the product is worth all the hype. I'm either running Shearers or Snipers this next season. I'll have some good info from my buddy, hopefully in the next week or two. I'd love to see M+M have a set made for the Serval.

so they are gonna make each set made to order? So one month after someone says that are the chit its gonna be the 35th of Neverjuary before you can get a set... Availability is nearly as important as how they work, knowing that there more than likely isnt going to be a heads and tails difference from them to another.. Is a few HP worth waitng an extended amount of time? Not for most.. JMO

so they are gonna make each set made to order? So one month after someone says that are the chit its gonna be the 35th of Neverjuary before you can get a set... Availability is nearly as important as how they work, knowing that there more than likely isnt going to be a heads and tails difference from them to another.. Is a few HP worth waitng an extended amount of time? Not for most.. JMO

wow possibly the dumbest post ive read in a long time.

each pipe isnt going to be custom built. they offer pipe setup for cubs right now. BUT IF YOU have some custom motor with special spec and call gary he can work the software and maybe tweak the pipes before welding them to BETTER WORK with your motor. they do offer custom pipes just saying not every pipe will be completely custom that would be a major pain.

as far as heads and tails difference wtf you talking about. first off the pics ive seen the welds look like actual welds not chicken shit blobs like some pipes. the pipes will clear pingels well shit they will even clear the head unlike some pipes. and looking at the dyno sheets 10hp isnt a few hp and would be quite a difference when your looking for all out power.

as for the wait dont think they have a back order so ifyou want a set you can get a set. its called building up inventory.

one more thing do you know how long most pepole wait for a good quaility port job most builders it takes a bit of time. but 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% love the power they get from it so they deal with the wait. so i dont see if a person had to wait a bit for something that really improved performance would really be life or death issue.

wow possibly the dumbest post ive read in a long time.

each pipe isnt going to be custom built. they offer pipe setup for cubs right now. BUT IF YOU have some custom motor with special spec and call gary he can work the software and maybe tweak the pipes before welding them to BETTER WORK with your motor. they do offer custom pipes just saying not every pipe will be completely custom that would be a major pain.

as far as heads and tails difference wtf you talking about. first off the pics ive seen the welds look like actual welds not chicken shit blobs like some pipes. the pipes will clear pingels well shit they will even clear the head unlike some pipes. and looking at the dyno sheets 10hp isnt a few hp and would be quite a difference when your looking for all out power.

as for the wait dont think they have a back order so ifyou want a set you can get a set. its called building up inventory.

one more thing do you know how long most pepole wait for a good quaility port job most builders it takes a bit of time. but 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% love the power they get from it so they deal with the wait. so i dont see if a person had to wait a bit for something that really improved performance would really be life or death issue.

Well put wes.

Never tired the inframes but I have tired 2 sets of sniper oof's that was built from inframes. Both the 421 and 465 cubs droped e.ts. the 421 from cpi's and the 465 from shearers

So there you go, sniper pipes out performed two of the most popular pipes on the market.

I would also like to try a set, I am going to have a 421 and 465 this year, and have basically every other type of pipe, hangin in my barn or in my group. Grr, shearer, racers edge and cpi's.

Jmadd have you compared rdz to shearers on the dyno or at the track with one of your 10cubs?

I would also like to try a set, I am going to have a 421 and 465 this year, and have basically every other type of pipe, hangin in my barn or in my group. Grr, shearer, racers edge and cpi's.

Jmadd have you compared rdz to shearers on the dyno or at the track with one of your 10cubs?

I've already got a set for you to try...and I have different ID and length stinger tubes as well!

I'm Gettin off topic here, this could be moved if someone wants to move it.I bought a 10 mil Cub complete a couple months ago (Supposedly built by RDZ and make 124 hp, but I didn't for a second believe that it would make that hp....and it didn't) I tried BB CPI and RDZs on the dyno. Didn't bring any Shearers to try. (I have tons of sets hanging on the wall as well.) The RDZs had a surpisingly broad curve at the top, but the CPIS made 3 more peak hp, and more hp from the bottom up. This Cub had 200 or more degrees of exhaust duration, so this won't apply to every 10 mil Cub. Tried some SB silenced CPIs (all of the packing was missing) and it held so much heat, it only made 1 or 2 pulls and was down about 9 hp; BUT I didn't do much tuning because I already had it dialed in with the BBs and didn't want to change it (i.e. lazy.)

I tried back to back runs with BB and SB Shearers on my other 10 Mil Cub which had much lower exhaust duration. Maybe as low as 194*, I don't remember. There was no difference in e.t. 3.89 on both passes.

I'll be dynoing what I believe to be a very good running 392 Cub (should run low 3.8s or 3.7s with a Jockey) very soon and try to compare RDZ, Shearer SB, Shearer BB, CPI BB, and CPI SB if I have time. Trying to get this one competitive for 0-400 cc in Gilbert this year.

I'm Gettin off topic here, this could be moved if someone wants to move it.I bought a 10 mil Cub complete a couple months ago (Supposedly built by RDZ and make 124 hp, but I didn't for a second believe that it would make that hp....and it didn't) I tried BB CPI and RDZs on the dyno. Didn't bring any Shearers to try. (I have tons of sets hanging on the wall as well.) The RDZs had a surpisingly broad curve at the top, but the CPIS made 3 more peak hp, and more hp from the bottom up. This Cub had 200 or more degrees of exhaust duration, so this won't apply to every 10 mil Cub. Tried some SB silenced CPIs (all of the packing was missing) and it held so much heat, it only made 1 or 2 pulls and was down about 9 hp; BUT I didn't do much tuning because I already had it dialed in with the BBs and didn't want to change it (i.e. lazy.)

I tried back to back runs with BB and SB Shearers on my other 10 Mil Cub which had much lower exhaust duration. Maybe as low as 194*, I don't remember. There was no difference in e.t. 3.89 on both passes.

I'll be dynoing what I believe to be a very good running 392 Cub (should run low 3.8s or 3.7s with a Jockey) very soon and try to compare RDZ, Shearer SB, Shearer BB, CPI BB, and CPI SB if I have time. Trying to get this one competitive for 0-400 cc in Gilbert this year.

Bodiddly did the complete BBSFOOF and SBSFOOF Shearer test. He dynoed twice and went to Atoka. (421 cub on methanol) first test was geared for racing at 15/41,the BBSFOOF 91.0, SBSFOOF 98.0.The big split there is from the piece of tubing welded up inside the SBSFOOF's chocking it down to 22.7mm building heat faster while the big bores are 26.4mm. Second test was re geared to17 or 18/41, both pipes hit close to 113.

At the track in Atoka both pipes ran about the same et. On a 397 the SBSFOOF Shearer should be faster than the BBSFOOF Shearer. It will like the choked down stinger.