Fluid getting into the cylinders

Titan up

I'm getting fluid into my cyllinders, per the abnormal amount of oily spooge coming out of the pipes at the base of the cylinder...I can't tell if it's fuel that's over filling the carb bowls and leaking into to the crankcase through the intakes, or if the the crank seal is leaking and tranny fluid is entering the crankcase.

The bike starts, idles and runs great up until WOT, where then it sounds like the main jet is about 15 sizes too big, with all the sputtering that it's doing.

I've been running the same set-up for about 3 years with no issues or changes to the bike.

I just rebuilt the carbs, the floats do "float" and they were in spec. I even adjusted them to 18mm to no avail (35m PWK)

I leak tested the engine and it only dropped .5 psi in 15 min.

Is It possible the crank seal "seals" during a leak down test but then leak when the engine is running, due to vibration and or the bearing on that side is getting ready to go out??

Edited by Titan up

It is possible for the crank seal to act as a valve, sealed under crankcase pressure but leaking when vaccuum is applied. It would only effect the right cylinder if the liquid was transmission fluid. Also, are you turning off your fuel valve between rides, many times I have seen the needle/seat seep and slowly fill the crankcase.

does he bike backfire threw the exhaust at WOT?? maybe it losing spark at WOT and thats causing the sputter and buildup of spooge.. check your spark plus caps.. i have seen it hppen a lot..

It has backfired a couple times, revving it in neutral, after the plugs fouled out from idling for about 5 min. It wasn't a loud pop or anything, just kind of a quite queef sound out the exhaust with a slight flame flash.

Yeah the caps are nice and tight..I tried 2 different coils, snipped the end of the wires and re-capped them too.

I tried swapping CDI's with a buddy..Pretty much brand new OEM stator and flywheel on it.

It is possible for the crank seal to act as a valve, sealed under crankcase pressure but leaking when vaccuum is applied. It would only effect the right cylinder if the liquid was transmission fluid. Also, are you turning off your fuel valve between rides, many times I have seen the needle/seat seep and slowly fill the crankcase.

Very interesting about the vaccuum. Both of the cylinders are getting fluid, but the right side does spooge a little more. Would it be possible for the left cylinder to pull some of the tranny fluid from the right side, through the center crank seal?

• 2 weeks later...

it's a carb issue.. Any ideas to why my carbs are leaking excess gas into the motor causing my rich condition?

The float level is in spec, i even tried raising the height 2mm...new rebuild kit which included new fuel needle valves.

??????

Edited by Titan up