Tularosa, NM flattrack race 9/7...10/18 and 10/19 too

BenBB

I wish. Who the hell wants to walk around in the dunes anyway?!?

Kermit, TX has some nice dunes, there's some small dunes East of Roswell (Mescalero Sands), there's some more around Loco Hills, NM, and I've heard of a place called "Red Sands" around El Paso, TX but never been there...

I live in El Paso Tx. and man Red Sand suck....well at lesat we have some sand...hehe but its nothihng big.very small dunes....i mean small...we also have some dunes in New Mexico(santa teresa) right der they have some big as sand hills...i mean realy long....some are perty scary.

Red Sand's will do...hehe i wish we could ride in White Sands...do they let you ride there? latas

Hey Sheebastard, where's Santa Teresa? Sounds kinda familiar but I haven't ever ridden there...

And they don't let anything on White Sands (beside foot traffic-whee), seems like a waste to me, but the dunes aren't all that huge anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ABM-BANSHEE! It is a blast, you should definitely give it a shot. I entered the Novice class again this year, and they ran us with the Amateur class (next higher class) in TT. It was so wet on the first race I got a bad start and completely showered with roost...really coulda used some tearoffs because if I didn't have to slow down twice to wipe off my goggles I think I coulda finished 2nd or even 1st.

Anyway, I took the holeshot on the second TT race and led it flag to flag, I beat everyone in my class and all the Amateurs also (they ran in our class again). I got 1st overall.

There were some guys missing in the TT races, I dunno where Berti was but I talked to Matt and he didn't have his quads ready for this race (runs a Z400 and is building an LT250R). Still, pretty decent turnout I think.

There was a TON of quads on the MX track, they are the first to race so you might have missed both motos (the second moto was around 2pm). At least 10-15 quads in each MX class; Beginner, Novice, Amateur and Expert.

Hope you can make the next races in October (the dates are on the flyer above). If so cruise by and say hey, I'm usually at the back of the pits or in the TT staging area.

• 1 month later...

I got first overall on Saturday (2nd in the first race and 1st in the second race)...but Sunday didn't go too well. I placed second again in the first race but finished 4th in the second race for 3rd overall. The track was REALLY dry but I made a couple mistakes that cost me the win. On the first lap I overcooked the hairpin and fell from 2nd to 7th (dead last), I worked my way up to 3rd but took that same hairpin too slow and Davis slipped past. Oh well, live and learn I guess, just sucks when it's your own fault.

Another buddy showed up this weekend, Jesse, who was racing an LT250R last season...we had a nasty wreck on the last race and it pretty much trashed his quad. He's OK but hasn't found a frame for it yet. Anyway, I let him race mine in the Beginner class and he got 1st on the first race and 3rd on the second one for 2nd place overall (the dry track was tough on him too).

You gonna try to make the next race ABM?