carbs

moparken426

I would bump the pilot to a 27.5 and clean the carbs make sure there in sync i had this problem with my stockers before... i took mine to a shop to have the floats ajusted and they threw a stock pilot in there without me knowing and it had all kinds of problems till i tore them apart and changed the pilot jets.... the shop guy said after i got it back it "purred like ferrari" and it ran like shit and now i do everything myself

once you run your bike through all 6 gears at top speed once you cost to a stop should you take the plugs out where ever you stop?

Yes. Basically you will throw two plugs and a wrench in your pocket. Hop on your quad and warm it up. Then, line up on a good straight away. Pull the old plugs and thread in the brand new plugs. Kick it over and as fast as you can, get wide open. Try to find an area that will at least allow you to top out in 5th. At the same time, you're going to pull in the clutch, kill the engine, and cut the throttle. Pull the plugs and swap back to the old ones so you can ride back. Then analize the new plugs.

First, you're going to look at the plug's ground strap. The color change from heat should transition around the middle of the "bend". If it transitions after the bend your plug is too hot. If its before the bend you've got a plug that is too cold.

Then, examine the plug for aluminum specs. This could be a sign of detonation beating on the piston and the head.

Now, cut the threads off of the plug to expose the insulator underneath. At the base, you'll see a smoke ring. Idealy you want a smoke ring 2mm thick in the color of chocolate milk. Thicker or dark ring indicates a rich mixture. Opposite is true for a lean mixture.

Another pinned topic you should read...

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23546

By the way, there are probably 100 topics reguarding plug chops and jetting stock carbs.

So yesterday I took my bike out for a spin and found out the right pipe is getting much Hotter then the left pipe, so its definitely not jetted right and also looked at the left Carb and its missing the idle screw. So I'm going to wait to get some new jets And poilets an get them resynced do the plug chop test and get back to you on how it works