What exhaust for my setup

First you need to decide on a riding style and stick with it. It sounds like you are concerned about speed so you want big pipes, got vforce 3's, but you want to keep your stock carbs? That's not real good. If you trail ride get some good reeds for your stock cages, sell the vforce , buy some pt mids and your stock carbs will be fine. The one thing I have learned from owning these fucking machines is that you cant have one that is good at everything, thats why I now have four of them.I just dont have one thats good for anything. banghead

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thankss for explaining it better... it didnt come to me clearly your saying the fmf fattys are better than the t5's?

On my machine, the Fatty's work best. I remember a while back Toomey was trying to show why their T-6 was bomb-diggity. Their dyno graph showed the Fatty to be superior in power at all levels (not by much) than the T-5. One of the characteristics people like about the T-5's is the "top end hit." My assertion is it feels that way because they have a weak midrange so the transition gives a nice rush.....but still lower HP numbers than the Fatty's.

Now don't jump to conclusions here....they have removed the old Fatty dyno sheet. They don't specify whether they jetted appropriately, but using their T-6 as a baseline, compare the T-5's to the SST's. You'll see what I mean.

http://www.atvsource.com/articles/press_releases/2003/022103_toomey_racing_tr6_racing_power_pipe.htm

Remember!!! Pipes need to match porting!!!

Edited by jayzx750

On my machine, the Fatty's work best. I remember a while back Toomey was trying to show why their T-6 was bomb-diggity. Their dyno graph showed the Fatty to be superior in power at all levels (not by much) than the T-5. One of the characteristics people like about the T-5's is the "top end hit." My assertion is it feels that way because they have a weak midrange so the transition gives a nice rush.....but still lower HP numbers than the Fatty's.

Now don't jump to conclusions here....they have removed the old Fatty dyno sheet. They don't specify whether they jetted appropriately, but using their T-6 as a baseline, compare the T-5's to the SST's. You'll see what I mean.

http://www.atvsource.com/articles/press_releases/2003/022103_toomey_racing_tr6_racing_power_pipe.htm

Remember!!! Pipes need to match porting!!!

everything seems right but... the t5 are faster than the t6 why arent they on there