What exhaust for my setup

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of riding do you do? If you want something with good topend which it does sound like from your gearing change id go with cpi or shearer. The cpi will have a little more mid than the shearer with the sacrafice of not as much topend as the shearer.

What kind of riding do you do? If you want something with good topend which it does sound like from your gearing change id go with cpi or shearer. The cpi will have a little more mid than the shearer with the sacrafice of not as much topend as the shearer.

trails...they are wide open trails though by that i mean there are never short turns there are alot of oppurtunites to slow down ... .... dunes 1 or 2 every year

If your engine is built with quality parts and your jetted correctly, your engine will run fine with CPIs. With a ported 4mil the CPIs will walk all over the T5s. I would also consider 33-35mm PWKs. Stock carbs are going to hold you back on the top end.

yea but the cpi wont beat the t5 by bike lengths...thatss stupid

If your engine is built with quality parts and your jetted correctly, your engine will run fine with CPIs. With a ported 4mil the CPIs will walk all over the T5s. I would also consider 33-35mm PWKs. Stock carbs are going to hold you back on the top end.

also cpi picks up just a little later but at first the t5 destroys them at 8500rpm then they fall while the cpi keep going but stock cylinders shouldnt be reving at 10000 rpm ...i only see the need to do that if you are drag racing which i am not... also i hear the t5 have the sweetest sound out of all the pieps

the t5 beat the cpis at 8500 rpm according to a dyno test in californa at trinity racing... but after that the cpi kept going

HAHA!!! Trinity says that!? Maybe on a completely stock engine. A modified engine the CPIs will pull on the T5s damn near EVERYWHERE. But, you seem to be dead set on T5s so go for it. Get yourself some Toomeys.

There's a reason I sold MY Toomey T5s and replaced them with CPI inframes. I don't understand, for someone who has posted multiple topics reguarding "Banshee top speed" why wouldn't you want the benefit of the CPIs?

HAHA!!! Trinity says that!? Maybe on a completely stock engine. A modified engine the CPIs will pull on the T5s damn near EVERYWHERE. But, you seem to be dead set on T5s so go for it. Get yourself some Toomeys.

There's a reason I sold MY Toomey T5s and replaced them with CPI inframes. I don't understand, for someone who has posted multiple topics reguarding "Banshee top speed" why wouldn't you want the benefit of the CPIs?

ive just heard that the engine life is not as good with them

trails...they are wide open trails though by that i mean there are never short turns there are alot of oppurtunites to slow down ... .... dunes 1 or 2 every year

Sounds like you do similar riding to mine, i run shearers and would never run anything else (except maybe snipers). However girlfreind and best freind both run cpis and they do great also.

Cody