Banshee Title

BigAnt215

I found a shee frame that I want to buy. The owner said it has a clean vin but the title was never printed. My question is...if I purchase the frame, will I be able to get a title printed for it?

not 100% sure, but you might be able to file for a lost title at the DMV.. I'd have the vin run before purchasing tho to make sure its legit, (if the title is a big issue for you)...just in case!

It will depend on several things-where you want to register it, where the frame came from,etc. I live in Oregon. I bought a frame on Ebay from Maine. It came with no title as Maine does not title ATVs. I had a cop buddy run the number for me before I bought it. When I decided I should get a title before I continued with my build, I went to DMV and got the runaround. I ended up having to take a "substantially complete"bike in for an inspection, so I put all the parts I had for my build on the frame and put the wheels and plastic from my other bike on it and took it in. After filling out all the forms, them inspecting it, paying multiple fees and jumping through ALL their hoops, they sent it to the main office for approval and in about a month, I got a title in the mail. So, check with your DMV and have the number ran before you buy it.Good luck!

call DCNR with the VIN number and they will tell you exactly what you have to do. I had to do this a few months ago with mine since the previous owner had no title for it, but the original owner received a title and it was lost.

in my case, DCNR sent out a letter to the original owner to either sign off that he doesnt own it - or he can try to claim that he still owns it. the original owner of mine was dead, so the letter was never replied to and DCNR was able to issue me a title in my name for the quad. youre in philly and the snomobile/atv division is based in harrisburg but you should be able to get the required notary work done at any atv dealer if you have the frame with you for VIN verification. i live near harrisburg so i just went to them directly.

definitely call them. they know what theyre doing and should get you squared away with one phone call and no BS.

• 2 weeks later...

call DCNR with the VIN number and they will tell you exactly what you have to do. I had to do this a few months ago with mine since the previous owner had no title for it, but the original owner received a title and it was lost.

in my case, DCNR sent out a letter to the original owner to either sign off that he doesnt own it - or he can try to claim that he still owns it. the original owner of mine was dead, so the letter was never replied to and DCNR was able to issue me a title in my name for the quad. youre in philly and the snomobile/atv division is based in harrisburg but you should be able to get the required notary work done at any atv dealer if you have the frame with you for VIN verification. i live near harrisburg so i just went to them directly.

definitely call them. they know what theyre doing and should get you squared away with one phone call and no BS.

you know any good riding near us? i also live near harrisburg and everywhere i ride is over and hour and a half away