Buying New Bike What to look for?

Hey guys so I will be buying a quad in the summer and need to know what to look for when looking at them. I am pretty sure I am going to get a banshee so first off what are things to look for when buying a used banshee? I have always just bought new things so I know it's history ( or lack there of). Also I am going to be checking out a few 450's what should I look for when looking at used 4 strokes? Thanks for the help guys I want to avoid buying a lemon as I am not very mechanically inclined!

Hey guys so I will be buying a quad in the summer and need to know what to look for when looking at them. I am pretty sure I am going to get a banshee so first off what are things to look for when buying a used banshee? I have always just bought new things so I know it's history ( or lack there of). Also I am going to be checking out a few 450's what should I look for when looking at used 4 strokes? Thanks for the help guys I want to avoid buying a lemon as I am not very mechanically inclined!

When looking for a banshee or any quad just look for any signs of the bike being rolled, cracked frame...etc. IMO if the quad owner can't tell you what has been done to the bike, or much about it..walk away. If I was looking for a modded banshee I would expect the owner selling the machine to know the bike in and out.

Don't waste your time looking at 450's...a banshee will be way funner and has much more potential than a 450 IMO. I sold my YFZ450 for my banshee and I couldn't be happier.

I noticed your in Draper, There are lots of good deals on banshee's around here in UT.

Yes sir I have been looking at KSL and such and I can get a good deal on some good looking machines! I agree with the banshee being way more fun I usually ride out at big sand mountain. My only problem was that my old banshee wasn't much fun on the hard stuff (Then again I had a 13T sproket). Any noises or other signs I should look for when buying a used bike banshee in particular?

Thanks again guys!

Edited by jjfizzle51

check frame as mentioned, compression, trans fluid, coolant, bearings, etc. if the bike is been torn into there is no way to know the seller is being honest, just go with your gut. don't jump on a deal just because they say "only has a few hrs on it". if it's a non title bike call the local dmv with the vin.

and for all things holy. if it looks like it's spent it's whole life in a mud puddle walk away. water and rust takes it's toll on thing you can see just by glancing at it.

Yes sir I have been looking at KSL and such and I can get a good deal on some good looking machines! I agree with the banshee being way more fun I usually ride out at big sand mountain. My only problem was that my old banshee wasn't much fun on the hard stuff (Then again I had a 13T sproket). Any noises or other signs I should look for when buying a used bike banshee in particular?

Thanks again guys!

Yeah Ksl has some pretty good deals, Thats where I found my shee two years ago. Like Phelps said, I would check compression, trans fluid..etc.

Like I said earlier, if they don't know shit about their banshee...there is probably a reason.

Ok so new question... I found a local dealer with a brand new 06 banshee the white plastics with candy red frame (my personal favorite) never even had gas in the tank they selling it for $5,200 plus tags, tax and license blah blah blah... what do you guys think? I think it is a little steep but nothing beats new shit :)

Thanks for all the help guys!

Ok so new question... I found a local dealer with a brand new 06 banshee the white plastics with candy red frame (my personal favorite) never even had gas in the tank they selling it for $5,200 plus tags, tax and license blah blah blah... what do you guys think? I think it is a little steep but nothing beats new shit :)

Thanks for all the help guys!

Sounds pretty good. Atleast buying brand new you know someone hasnt messed with the bike

i know you said youre buying a new one but if for whatever reason that deal falls through a thing i like to check for, besides what has already been mentioned is on the frame where you would rest your boots. if it has a lot of wear you can tell if somebody is being dishonest if they say it has low hours but there is a lot of wear right there. just my 2 cents!