Boysen Or V-Force

Hey guys whats up. I am looking to buy some reeds. This is the first mod i am going to be doing to my 2004 banshee. It is all stock. I am wondering if there will be any difference in performance between Boysen reeds or V-Force. I also want to know if they are worth buying? The reason i care so much is i have very little money and Boysen cost around $90 for both sets. V-Force is around $220.

Thanks for your time.

Hey guys whats up. I am looking to buy some reeds. This is the first mod i am going to be doing to my 2004 banshee. It is all stock. I am wondering if there will be any difference in performance between Boysen reeds or V-Force. I also want to know if they are worth buying? The reason i care so much is i have very little money and Boysen cost around $90 for both sets. V-Force is around $220.

Thanks for your time.

There are much better mods you can do to your shee before reeds if the stockers are okay. Vforce are by far the best but not the best horsepower vs money item. Top mods for stock shee are going to be ditch stock airfilter setup and go with pro flow adapter or pods. Second is going to be adjustable timing plate, third is going to be pipes, pry forth milling and rechambering stock head or cool head, and then porting etc.

Oh shit i forgot the tors elim kit

the list goes on and on

but id focus on tors elim kit, adjustable timing plate, and air filter setup as the stock lets dirt in.

Cody

There are much better mods you can do to your shee before reeds if the stockers are okay. Vforce are by far the best but not the best horsepower vs money item. Top mods for stock shee are going to be ditch stock airfilter setup and go with pro flow adapter or pods. Second is going to be adjustable timing plate, third is going to be pipes, pry forth milling and rechambering stock head or cool head, and then porting etc.

Oh shit i forgot the tors elim kit

the list goes on and on

but id focus on tors elim kit, adjustable timing plate, and air filter setup as the stock lets dirt in.

Cody

The Tors is already removed. I am just looking for something cheap to get for now. For any intake mod im thinking i am going to need to re-jet? And are boysen no good or just not as good as v-force.

thanks for the reply.

chariot cages are also very nice and he's a site sponsor. Also quite a bit cheaper.

Those are a lot cheaper then V-Force.. Are the cages necessary though? Just the boysen reeds are really cheap. But if the cases actually do help a bit i do not might spending the extra money.

Thanks for replying.

Those are a lot cheaper then V-Force.. Are the cages necessary though? Just the boysen reeds are really cheap. But if the cases actually do help a bit i do not might spending the extra money.

Thanks for replying.

There has been a few thread about the chariot cages. I'd try a search. Jerry (Chariot Performance) have given quite a bit of info on them.

you can get replacement carbon tech or boysen petals for your stock cages, and if you wanted to, you could port the cages (if you felt you could). or just install them and run em. the chariot stuff is always good and will flow more than the stock cages.

if your reeds are fine, id save up for a pipe,filter and jet kit. massive gains with those items and you can get pipes cheap as in the for sale section.

$250-400 can get you some 2nd hand pipes, new air filter kit (adapter and filter) and some jets.

you can get replacement carbon tech or boysen petals for your stock cages, and if you wanted to, you could port the cages (if you felt you could). or just install them and run em. the chariot stuff is always good and will flow more than the stock cages.

if your reeds are fine, id save up for a pipe,filter and jet kit. massive gains with those items and you can get pipes cheap as in the for sale section.

$250-400 can get you some 2nd hand pipes, new air filter kit (adapter and filter) and some jets.

Alright the stock reeds are fine now. I was under the impression that aftermarket reeds help a lot. But for the price of v-force i am better off getting some used pipes i guess.

thanks for your help.

Alright the stock reeds are fine now. I was under the impression that aftermarket reeds help a lot. But for the price of v-force i am better off getting some used pipes i guess.

thanks for your help.

They do help. Better throttle response and add a couple hp.

On a complete stocker, you arent going to get a bigger "seat of your pants" feel in added hp like you would a cool head with smaller domes & pipes.

thanks for your help.

Save a little more money and get some pipes. Hit up NYUK on here...he always has different parts and may have some used pipes for sale