STATORS

heater

That's funny, because I emailed Rick's Stator a while ago telling him there are plenty of people looking for a quality aftermarket stator and that Ricky's were JUNK...as well as RM stator.

Never wrote back...

Before everybody starts tooting Rick's ELECTRICS horn, I had a CDI box from them that failed with less than 10 hours of ride time on it. They did replace it under warranty, I bought it because it was the only thing I could get while I was on my trip to St. Anthony's. I put a stocker back on and just carry it for a spare now.

to each their own, i guess. true, after several adjustments and overtightening, or slips, the screws can get worn, but no different than any other phillips screw on the banshee. the hex is a good idea, and you can match the screws up at any hardware store. i would personally rather it mounted with square surfaces for more rigidity, which means less possibility of vibration. after all, it's just magnet wire, and magnet cast in plastic protruding off a tab. it shouldn't ever go bad from vibration, right?

I really feel your over thinking this thing. Moving it a tiny little bit to get a .005" of adjustment out of it doesn't throw the thing way off. It is still sitting flush with the flywheel. If it was really bad for it, and made it run like crap, I would have figured it out and wouldn't be doing it anymore. All you do is move the pickup while it is screwed to the bracket to get the right clearance. It isn't rocket science to figure out this is easier and safer to do than to run the risk of striping the screws out or breaking them off. It is still sitting on the bracket square, not too sure if your actually understanding what I am saying. So far this setup has been ran for 3 years that way with zero issues at all.

I really feel your over thinking this thing. Moving it a tiny little bit to get a .005" of adjustment out of it doesn't throw the thing way off. It is still sitting flush with the flywheel. If it was really bad for it, and made it run like crap, I would have figured it out and wouldn't be doing it anymore. All you do is move the pickup while it is screwed to the bracket to get the right clearance. It isn't rocket science to figure out this is easier and safer to do than to run the risk of striping the screws out or breaking them off. It is still sitting on the bracket square, not too sure if your actually understanding what I am saying. So far this setup has been ran for 3 years that way with zero issues at all.

haha, i understand, dude. i just don't personally like it. i've removed and flattened out slotted tabs on many things, from them being bent, and near impossible to adjust. similar to how you have to pound a valve cover flange flat when someone lost the tabs. i'm not gonna convince you, and you are not gonna convince me, so we should leave it at that...."to each their own" :cheers:

I do think, thats why I dont break of the bolts, nor do I have to even loosen them.

ok, i don't know if you remember, but we have all been back and forth with you....it really doesn't make a huge difference if you want to do it that way, but pretty much everyone else just adjusts it with the screws.............like i've been saying...put it to rest..."to each their own"

.....think back.............nothing ever came out of the disagreement, except dissagreement..... :cheers:

ok, i don't know if you remember, but we have all been back and forth with you....it really doesn't make a huge difference if you want to do it that way, but pretty much everyone else just adjusts it with the screws.............like i've been saying...put it to rest..."to each their own"

.....think back.............nothing ever came out of the disagreement, except dissagreement..... :cheers:

people who loosen the screws take un-necessary steps that can result in damage. Nobody I know here adjusts with the screws anymore. Mainly because the y broke bolts, and I showed them you can just move the pickup while its bolted to adjust the gap.