SNIPER ASSASSIN INFRAMES

PassionRE

Screw the performance aspect... they look BAD ASS! Good job guys. I don't know how I missed this thread for so long.

Thanks, the physics demands what they look like, they have to be this big this long etc. to work as well as they do. But I guess when you get the design right on the head, "BADASS" is accurate in EVERY aspect....Jim

Top graph shows Sniper +10.12HP & +6.58 lbs/tq. OVER Shearer inframe....Jim

I'd like to see back to back runs at the track with different pipes. That HP difference should be about half a tenth in 300 ft. I've tested RDZs vs BB CPIs vs SB CPIs on a particular motor and never found more than about 3-4% hp difference amongst them. With a simple pipe change your getting 10% hp increase. That seems too good to be true. Can't wait to see some more comparisons at the track!

Exactly what I intended to do last year J....it just didn't happen.

Open your thinking a bit.

If this pipe makes a little more power but sooner, as well as torque...

It's not always how much power you make vs. how you make the power....

That being said...if I got 1/2 to 1 tenth I'd be ecstatic. It takes a lot of work to shave a tenth in 300 foot on a well tuned bike.

Exactly what I intended to do last year J....it just didn't happen.

Open your thinking a bit.

If this pipe makes a little more power but sooner, as well as torque...

It's not always how much power you make vs. how you make the power....

That being said...if I got 1/2 to 1 tenth I'd be ecstatic. It takes a lot of work to shave a tenth in 300 foot on a well tuned bike.

It has to make hp sooner to make more tq. I agree on how you make the power being as important as peak hp. I have a couple that only make 100 hp and 103 hp and they run better times than most others in the classes we run.

Yes, we cant wait to get more track feedback, so far its been very good. On another note,one thing not covered much in these conversations is heat release. Some bigger HP cubs, on inframes especially, can make great dyno numbers but the motors are so heat saturated by half track that they are losing power. We can change pipes in pre-production to match exit velocity to displacement and control the rate at which we are letting the heat out. If you let it out too fast, lower HP, if you let it out too slow- "heat soak"-which means even more loss in hp. HP must be made earlier than most drag engines are designed for. Compromised traction is never an answer, Therefore load the engine as hard as possible with tire and gear while still being able to maintain minimal rpm drop going into 4th gear. THIS battle plan has worked best for us. BUT, it requires TORQUE to do this. This set-up doesn't produce the fastest MPH runs, but it will produce the fastest ET runs, which is what counts. Some of the very fastest 300ft engines are outrun by 350ft. Just the way it works, but who cares, 300ft. is what we were after.....Jim

Yeah, i got the ones on ebay. i received a tracking number that they were shipped out today. currently running cpi inframes on a 7mm stock cylinder, but building a 10mm cub that should be ready soon. will probably try the snipers on the 7 while the 10 is going together. won't get to try them out until mid February though, presidents day weekend. i have a buddy with a 10 cub running some shearer sb oof's that may try them too for a comparison. no dyno or 300' times, just side by side racing. :)

SWEET let us know how it goes i bid on those for a while!

oh, you're the one that drove the price up...lol. will try to get a video racing against my buddy's cub w/the cpi's first and then w/the snipers. i still have to figure out what to do about the bare finish. we have a local chrome shop but not sure if they can do them or not. I might have to settle on having them powder coated, not sure yet.

• 6 months later...

couple sets sold on ebay havent neard anything from those owners..?

if i had a set in my hands today i could test them against inframe small bore cpi's, shear's,. shear big bore out frames' custom shear inframe 480 pipes. and the snipers. all on one motor ran at one time.. bike is ready to go.

also have an unported 421 i could assemble and have ready for testing in about 4 days.

i have seen one set up close on a serval and rode it but the bike needed some more tuning so couldnt really teel a big difference from anything else .. they are a definate serious pipe option !

• 2 weeks later...

first ride impressions from me are they have a very stong pull through the powerband of a normal banshee (6500-10k). i think they feel like a better CPI. this is on an alky 421 with 36/38 lectrons. its really easy to ride it around and with proper tuning it has a great wide powerband. not any overrev at all. but shifted right it drops rpm right into the sweet spot on the motor. these pipes should be easier to ride, and drag with if your not the absolutle best rider. they are also much easier to control wheelies with never really fell off the pipe i personally like them a lot. wish they were a lil cheaper..

they fit pretty good and plug access is not bad at all. the do rub on filters and will burn them, ( nearly all pipes will do this) the silencers connection i dont really like all that well and i dont like the way the silencers hang down so far. BUT overall they sound GREAT! and i like the way they run. the bad things are pretty minor.

thats my HONEST opinion on them. they are a definate contender for inframe drag pipe/ dunner

hoefully will do some back to back ride impressions today. going to try shear, and out frame Racers Edge. and possible CPI's/ kinda doubt i'll put the cpi's on. i already prefer them to cpi's/