HP MODS

mrdoorguy

HEY EVERYONE,

SO I HAVE A 2004 BANSHEE. STOCK CYLINDERS, 2INTO1 INTAKE WITH 38MM KEHIN CARB. NO PORTING, TOOMEY T-6 PIPES,V FORCE 3 REEDS,NEW TOOMEY CLUTCH, TRAIL TECH HEADLIGHTS, AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER GOOD STUFF; BUT NEED MORE HP. I HAVE BEEN A 4STROKE GUY ALL MY LIFE, BUT LOVE 2 STROKE PULL. THIS IS A SAND MTN (NEVADA) BIKE. I DON'T WANT A FULL DRAG BIKE BUT I WANT 99% TOP END. I TALKED TO KEVIN AT HERR JUGS, THINK IM GETTING GET DRAG PORT. SHOULD I GET A COOL HEAD? HOW DO INSTALL IT. HOOK ME UP GUYS.

THANKS

CHRIS

HEY EVERYONE,

SO I HAVE A 2004 BANSHEE. STOCK CYLINDERS, 2INTO1 INTAKE WITH 38MM KEHIN CARB. NO PORTING, TOOMEY T-6 PIPES,V FORCE 3 REEDS,NEW TOOMEY CLUTCH, TRAIL TECH HEADLIGHTS, AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER GOOD STUFF; BUT NEED MORE HP. I HAVE BEEN A 4STROKE GUY ALL MY LIFE, BUT LOVE 2 STROKE PULL. THIS IS A SAND MTN (NEVADA) BIKE. I DON'T WANT A FULL DRAG BIKE BUT I WANT 99% TOP END. I TALKED TO KEVIN AT HERR JUGS, THINK IM GETTING GET DRAG PORT. SHOULD I GET A COOL HEAD? HOW DO INSTALL IT. HOOK ME UP GUYS.

THANKS

CHRIS

1. Get a cool head before you port, or at least mill the head.

2. The cool head will come with instructions on how to install.

3. Buy the cool head from Kevin so he can get the right domes for your application and elevation.

4. Kevin is the MAN and can help you with all of this.

5. Anymore questions refer to #4.

1. Get a cool head before you port, or at least mill the head.

2. The cool head will come with instructions on how to install.

3. Buy the cool head from Kevin so he can get the right domes for your application and elevation.

4. Kevin is the MAN and can help you with all of this.

5. Anymore questions refer to #4.

WHAT ABOUT THE SINGLE CARB? I WAS TOLD IT GIVES YOU MORE BOTTOM END, BUT I DONT WANT THAT. I HAVE A 38 MM KEHIN NOW. IS TWO 38 MM'S TO MUCH?

HEY EVERYONE,

THANKS

CHRIS

Yeah get a cool head or milled head(depending on budget).

I would for sure look into porting or even a 4mil Serval.

IMHO, if your going to get a drag port you need to ditch those pipes and the 2 into 1 carb set up. Get some CPI's or Shearers and some 33-35mm duel carbs. :bolt:

WHAT ABOUT THE SINGLE CARB? I WAS TOLD IT GIVES YOU MORE BOTTOM END, BUT I DONT WANT THAT. I HAVE A 38 MM KEHIN NOW. IS TWO 38 MM'S TO MUCH?

Dual 38 mm carbs is to much for your current setup, and is more suited for drag racing. Like mentioned below, a 4 mil crank and correct porting is the best bang for the buck, and will surely feed your appetite for speed. From there you can move up to a cub quite easily.

YOU CAN TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF NOW! We can hear you.

Dual 38 mm carbs is to much for your current setup, and is more suited for drag racing. Like mentioned below, a 4 mil crank and correct porting is the best bang for the buck, and will surely feed your appetite for speed. From there you can move up to a cub quite easily.

YOU CAN TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF NOW! We can hear you.

What is case porting? What does it do for you. And why should i get rid of my pipes if i have drag port done? Whats the best dual carb set up?. i want high quality but i don't dont wanna drop a whole boat load of cash?

Edited by mrdoorguy

What is case porting? What does it do for you. And why should i get rid of my pipes if i have drag port done? Whats the best dual carb set up?. i want high quality but i don't dont wanna drop a whole boat load of cash?

you get what you pay for. high quality and lots of cash go hand in hand. this is a hobby.. just ride..... and learn and build as you go...

case porting is just like it sounds....they port your cases which is good for approx. 2-3 hp.......downside is you gotta split your cases to get them ported. While your T-6 pipes are good pipes......they are good for STOCK motors. They do not perform good at all if you start modding your motor.....they will actually hamper your performance rather than enhance...