T5 or CPI inframe

hello i've been hearing cpi are better than t5... i've never really heard of cpis and while looking at t5 pipes i found this dyno...

http://www.jokersracing.com/content-product_info/product_id-13132/yamaha_banshee_toomey_t5_full_exhaust_system_toomey.html

scroll to the bottom obviously t5 pull out ahead so why is everyone going with cpis?

hello i've been hearing cpi are better than t5... i've never really heard of cpis and while looking at t5 pipes i found this dyno...

http://www.jokersracing.com/content-product_info/product_id-13132/yamaha_banshee_toomey_t5_full_exhaust_system_toomey.html

scroll to the bottom obviously t5 pull out ahead so why is everyone going with cpis?

First off welcome to BHQ :headbang:

What are your plans for mods on your new shee? I think the CPI's have more potential on a larger motor build IMO. I've always ran CPI's and loved them!

First off welcome to BHQ :headbang:

What are your plans for mods on your new shee? I think the CPI's have more potential on a larger motor build IMO. I've always ran CPI's and loved them!

dual K & N

Ported cylinders

dual 35pwk carbs/jetted/

vforce3 reeds

noss 22cc head domes

cpi or t5

Whats the best big bore kit? i wanna beat the yfz450r by a long shot...i also like doing a little trail riding...sand dunes...race track(pavement)

dual K & N

Ported cylinders

dual 35pwk carbs/jetted/

vforce3 reeds

noss 22cc head domes

cpi or t5

Whats the best big bore kit? i wanna beat the yfz450r by a long shot...i also like doing a little trail riding...sand dunes...race track(pavement)

IMHO I would run the CPI's on your setup. T-5 are a great pipe and run awesome, I just prefer the CPI...everyone will have their own opinion on pipe choice though.

You should be able to beat most 450's just from your current setup.

If you want some more power, hit up a site sponsor and look into getting a 4mil crank. If you want the best bang for the buck IMO get the new serval cylinders.

Hi justgotabanshee

You can do it several way's sounds like your want to drag race the bike thou. If you plan to run after market Big Bore Cylinders let's say 68mm Athena or cubs... You can use the CPI's thou if you plan to trail and sand ride the bike your better off with the t-5's Many cylinder options if your trying to do it on a Budget go with some Athenas they been working great for us on many builds or if you like to get the most potential and have the extra money go with the cubs. If you do go cubs the CPI's are for sure your best option. Thou my suggestion is go with a +4mm stroker at least if you plan to go with a 68mm bore.

Check out our site for some information on both if your interested helps you explain them both and price at killer prices as well.

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=10650&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=10653&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=10367&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=1093&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=621&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

I hope you find the information Help full to help you decide on the pipes. The links are to help you kind of figure out which pipes your going to get for your future build.

Hi justgotabanshee

You can do it several way's sounds like your want to drag race the bike thou. If you plan to run after market Big Bore Cylinders let's say 68mm Athena or cubs... You can use the CPI's thou if you plan to trail and sand ride the bike your better off with the t-5's Many cylinder options if your trying to do it on a Budget go with some Athenas they been working great for us on many builds or if you like to get the most potential and have the extra money go with the cubs. If you do go cubs the CPI's are for sure your best option. Thou my suggestion is go with a +4mm stroker at least if you plan to go with a 68mm bore.

Check out our site for some information on both if your interested helps you explain them both and price at killer prices as well.

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=10650&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=10653&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=10367&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=1093&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=621&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

I hope you find the information Help full to help you decide on the pipes. The links are to help you kind of figure out which pipes your going to get for your future build.

Thanks this website really helps....i dont really want a drag bike i wanna leave the frame alone......better explained i would like a trail banshee that could whip those gay 450's asses :headbang:

That is an ad for Toomey and of course they are going to say they are the best. FMF is the largest retailer of after market exhaust in the off road world and for good reason they make rider friendly, usable power for many different applications. If you want the best pipe period, get Shearers.

Thanks this website really helps....i dont really want a drag bike i wanna leave the frame alone......better explained i would like a trail banshee that could whip those gay 450's asses :headbang:

No worries any time. I seen you mention you already have ported cylinders? Why not just add a stroker crank for now and later do a big bore if looking for more power after? what pipes are you currently running? The T-5's right? The stock Cylinders will work sweet if set up right and you can trail ride it as well. will be a real nice set up. thou also I'm not sure how much work your looking to do as well. I know the thread started off with pipes lol... now were into building motors but i'm open to help :D

Roger

Addressing the dyno charts on Toomey's website. You see they cut off the curve at 8500rpm. Had they gone any farther (say 10,000rpm), you would have seen the lines cross in favor of the CPIs. Also, I'm sure the motor had stock EVERYTHING else except for jetting. The CPIs are just too much what they had. Depending on your portwork, you might just see that the CPIs pull harder all around than the T5s. I really don't think the CPIs come on much later than T5s, but CPIs will give you plenty of overrev where T5s just fail after 9-9.5K. Do a search on Tom Borrink's R2 pipes (second gen Rockets). I have no personal experience with them-yet-but the few that have indulged in a set speak quite highly of them. From what I understand is that it has similar top end and overrev of the CPI inframes while edging the CPIs in the mid-range.

Going with a 4mm crank will also give plenty of ridable torque from the grunt all the way to the top, but you should be wary that stock stroke ported jugs sometimes cannot be reshaped to maximize the 4mm crank. Its best to send your jugs out to a reputable builder and get a professional opinion first. So, what type of port work has been performed as of now? With decent porting you should be able to run away from any bolt on 4 stroke in a straight line. With a 4mm, you'll be able to run away and hide. And with a cub, you'll be able to run away, hide, watch them pass then do it again all before the finish line. lol

• Like 1

Addressing the dyno charts on Toomey's website. You see they cut off the curve at 8500rpm. Had they gone any farther (say 10,000rpm), you would have seen the lines cross in favor of the CPIs. Also, I'm sure the motor had stock EVERYTHING else except for jetting. The CPIs are just too much what they had. Depending on your portwork, you might just see that the CPIs pull harder all around than the T5s. I really don't think the CPIs come on much later than T5s, but CPIs will give you plenty of overrev where T5s just fail after 9-9.5K. Do a search on Tom Borrink's R2 pipes (second gen Rockets). I have no personal experience with them-yet-but the few that have indulged in a set speak quite highly of them. From what I understand is that it has similar top end and overrev of the CPI inframes while edging the CPIs in the mid-range.

Going with a 4mm crank will also give plenty of ridable torque from the grunt all the way to the top, but you should be wary that stock stroke ported jugs sometimes cannot be reshaped to maximize the 4mm crank. Its best to send your jugs out to a reputable builder and get a professional opinion first. So, what type of port work has been performed as of now? With decent porting you should be able to run away from any bolt on 4 stroke in a straight line. With a 4mm, you'll be able to run away and hide. And with a cub, you'll be able to run away, hide, watch them pass then do it again all before the finish line. lol

I orderd all of these for christmas

dual 35 pwk carbs /w/ jets

dual k&n

22 cc noss head domes

sent my cylinders to get ported out

vforce3reeds

powercurve

So lets put this straight is t5 better for trail? and cpi is better for racing thanks for the help guys i feel welcomed :rolleyes:

I orderd all of these for christmas

dual 35 pwk carbs /w/ jets

dual k&n

22 cc noss head domes

sent my cylinders to get ported out

vforce3reeds

powercurve

So lets put this straight is t5 better for trail? and cpi is better for racing thanks for the help guys i feel welcomed :rolleyes:

and thank god...i have a sst head pipe with the powercore 2 silencer on my blaster and i really love it... i think fmf is a little underated how does the fmf compare with the t5 and cpi?

FMF pipes are extremely close to T5s. Despite Toomey's "dyno", I think even the FMFs will edge the T5s by a hair. I think even at moderately paced trails you're going to like the CPIs over the T5s. Who is doing your porting and what type of porting are you/they aiming for? I'm assuming your focusing on the mid-top end of the powerband if you are running 35mm carbs on a stock stroke/stock cylinder engine? Thats another point for CPIs.

FMF pipes are extremely close to T5s. Despite Toomey's "dyno", I think even the FMFs will edge the T5s by a hair. I think even at moderately paced trails you're going to like the CPIs over the T5s. Who is doing your porting and what type of porting are you/they aiming for? I'm assuming your focusing on the mid-top end of the powerband if you are running 35mm carbs on a stock stroke/stock cylinder engine? Thats another point for CPIs.

planning on a 450 465cc big bore kit if there is such a thing... Mx racing in californa they ported cylinders for 15 years... how do the fmf compare to cpi's

There are plenty of kits to take your banshee from 350 up past 600cc... Using a 58mm stroke crank with 115mm rods and a 68mm piston, you can achieve a 421cc banshee. This is a common setup. Most don't build go this route for the ccs, however. There are other advantages to reap such as triple exhaust ports and extra transfers, better intakes, ect. There are a lot of options here. Vitos, Athenas, Cheetah cubs, serval cubs, twisters, ect... If you do step up to a larger engine I think the CPIs will be your best bet. In a well ported 350, the CPIs will pull much longer and make more power than the FMFs, but the FMFs will probably come on a little sooner. In a bigger set up, the CPIs will only get better.

On a side note, why did you send your jugs out to be ported if you plan on running aftermarket cylinders?

T5's are good to about 70hp, then they fall over. i think the t5 is a pretty good low to mid range pipe and is great in the tighter trails but they run out of puff in the upper rev range, when a cpi would keep pulling. it depends how you ride, if you love getting up on the pipe and staying in the upper rev range get the cpi's.

a dune ported 350 with bolt ons will beat a yfz450, if you want to kill it, you will need a ported 4mm stroker.

rider ability and bike setup wins races, power just helps :D