Compression Limit

ive had 3 stock motors (pipes reeds etc, but stock heads) separate cranks on me. All the bikes were used when i go them, but i will never own a banshee without first splitting the cases and welding the crank. Its just not worth a ruined trip for a relatively inexpensive and easy job. I say weld it no matter what you are going to do, then forget it. Its a perfect time to go in and upgrade all the little things while you have the side cover off anyway. Weld the crank, put in a modded shift star, check out the idler gear bushing, billet basket and billet water pump. then put it all back together and forget about it.

Yup, I am already making a list of all the small things, do it once.

Thanks for the advise everyone

The only time i would weld a crank is if i was putting on an extra big boost bottle

haha, like your action-packer 4-stack bottle? truth be told, i actually don't have my stockker welded, and it's still running fine with 20cc domes and +5.5 and dyna....but i'd bet it's separating......which still works fine. but that doesn't say that it won't let go at any time. i have a couple strokers, spare cases, and spare cylinders, etc, so i'm not too worried anyways. so, basically, no, you do not have to, but yes, more compression and timing increases load, and this chances of failure.........i think everyone agrees that it is a judgement call, until you go big.

Agreed, i guess it just depends on how much a ruined trip will cost you. For me anymore, i only get to the sand a few times a year. the closest place is 5 hours and where i usually go is 9 hours away. To go that far and lose a crank on the first fucking day sucks (been there done that) By the time i pay for fuel to get there take time off etc it just isnt worth the gamble. If you ride local and have the time, gamble it. We all know there are tons of em bone stock many years old still going strong