PS3 v.s. X box

crustydemon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is cheaper, heard the kenetics is baller. ps3 is free online. ps3 is a bluray player. ps3 has more memory normally. both cause kids to be lazy.

Kinect is pretty sweet, but you gotta pay to play. I'm a fan of PS3 personally, but have lots of friends who prefer xbox. I use the blu-ray all the time, and I appreciate that it's free to play online... just my two cents...

I used to be a die hard PlayStation man, but I switched over to the dark side after two junk PS2's. I bought my Xbox 360 Pro and haven't looked back.

Most games are available on both systems, and there are only a few counsol specific games.

The only game I really miss is Gran Turismo (PS3 only)

ps3 here as well. i got the 250 gb version with the "tv play" recorder.

i think you can get a 320gb version as well. so yeh crusty demon, for downloading and recording stuff.

not paying to be online is a plus, but i think its pretty cheap anyway for the xbox. i use the ps3 to browse the web and order food if my laptop isnt around. you can get a little qwerty keyboard for the controller and type your lil heart out haha.

Ok thanks guys, I guess I'll get the ps3. Too bad they dont play ps2 games anymore.

That was a big bummer for me too. I like the fact that PS3 is free to play online, not that I wouldn't pay for 360, but it seems like a hassle to have to go buy points and sign up for a pay account or whatever. I kind of wish I was on 360 because a lot of people I want to play with are on 360, and I would like to get Halo Reach. My nephew is gonna lend me his 360 over Christmas break, so I'll get a chance to try it out. I'd research what the friends you want to play with have, kinda sucks when you wanna play COD with your friends, but they're on the wrong system.

to me the type of system you get will all depend on what kind of games you mostly play. I have a 360 right now but like if I played sports games a lot i would want a PS3 just because Im more comfortable with the PS3 since Ive been a playstation guy since the first playstation came out.

I'll chime in:

Everyone talks about "free online" play, and the PS3 does offer that. However, the online experience of Xbox live destroys the PS3, so in that sense you get what you pay for. It's on 49.99 a year

I have owned both systems, and would never go back to PS3. The kinect is an awesome addition to the 360, and it makes fun for the entire family with the games offered.

the 360 has upgraded and wireless is now built in, which used to be a mjor selling point of the PS3 over the 360.

I noticed Zilla talking about storage, the Xbox is also capable of storing all of ur pics, music and etc.

The 360 has some new features such as ESPNLIVE where you can watch live sporting events straight from the box, usually 4-8 games to choose from. 360 also has ZuneFM and Facebook on there as well.

In the end, it's going to be personal preference, but I wont pay 40 bucks for a blu ray, so I'm not missing anything.

ya xbox has the 250gb, but the common one is now 4gb. only $200 for the 4gb or $300 for the 250gb. no 20, 60, 120 like they use to have.

also it is now $60 for a 12 months gold membership, price changed in november.. $25 for a 3-month. xbox is offering a family pack gold membership, upto 4 gold usernames on the same xbox for like $120.

i have a 20gb xbox, like 2 years old, no problems yet really. it can play the older xbox games.

personally, i like wii. it is easy and fun to play drunk.

Thats odd, I just bought a 12 month membership on the 1st of DEC for 49.99 plus tax...lol maybe my gamestop was out of the loop

• 2 weeks later...