Why are yfz450 shocks better ?

toomeysgoroom

almost right on there but a little off.

the yfz shocks are longer than stock banshee. The se shocks are hi/lo compression adjustable while regular yfz are just hi speed compression adjustable as well as preload and rebound.. the se are a little longer but still work on stock banshee arms. yfzr shocks are long travel shocks and are an additional few inches longer. Also se comes in many colors and the springs are identical as far as i could tell. They differ in appearance from stock yfz on the ressy as they have a lip at the bottom and the stock ones are smooth.

yea the yfzr shocks are longer than reg yfz ones i think its like 2" longer and yfzr shocks have high speed and low speed compresion adj.

hey matt......do you know who sells the arms for using the YFZ 450 shocks? And whats your personal opinion about them....are they really worth putting on as long as you have the different arms?

Last time I talked to Tim about these, I think he was in the process of designing some. (He got some new high-tech toys at the shop) But another sponsor, Fireball makes them.

Fireball Racing

Second item from the bottom. :cheers:

I have +2+1 arms with works dual rates. I was thinking about doing yfz shocks cause my works are alittle too soft. Are the yfz's going to be too stiff?

Since you already have the works why not send them to Matt to have them set up for your weight/riding style?

Like he said yfz shocks are only good for the money if you can get a good deal on them.

Since you already have the works why not send them to Matt to have them set up for your weight/riding style?

Like he said yfz shocks are only good for the money if you can get a good deal on them.

Well the the shocks are setup for +2+1 arms and 180-220 weight. Now i'm quite a bit heavier than that, but i can put my 145lb friend on and their still too soft. Btw the yfz shocks won't fit the a arms i have so that's out.