help with jetting 2 into 1 pipe and carb

lms1977

Well I just got my motor back together and ran it but seems way rich I have a dynoport 2 into 1 pipe and a trinity 2 into 1 carb 35mm pwk the jugs are ported low end for trails mostly just a cleanup and slightly wider exhaust port it has 180 psi compression and 4 deg advance stock airt box with modified lid and pro flow filter.

I used this carb set up on a different motor and just put it on this one.

jets are 52 pilot 225 main I will check what needle is in later the clip is in the middle plugs look a fairly dark gray

it seems to run ok just seems flat mostly in 4th gear and up

I am thinking 48 or 50 pilot and 175 - 195 main

does this seem anywhere close.

the other thing that is hard is I am running race fuel now so the plugs look totally different any info on the jets and how to read the plugs with race fuel would be appreciated. thanks Mike

Well I just got my motor back together and ran it but seems way rich I have a dynoport 2 into 1 pipe and a trinity 2 into 1 carb 35mm pwk the jugs are ported low end for trails mostly just a cleanup and slightly wider exhaust port it has 180 psi compression and 4 deg advance stock airt box with modified lid and pro flow filter.

I used this carb set up on a different motor and just put it on this one.

jets are 52 pilot 225 main I will check what needle is in later the clip is in the middle plugs look a fairly dark gray

it seems to run ok just seems flat mostly in 4th gear and up

I am thinking 48 or 50 pilot and 175 - 195 main

does this seem anywhere close.

the other thing that is hard is I am running race fuel now so the plugs look totally different any info on the jets and how to read the plugs with race fuel would be appreciated. thanks Mike

The info is on the forum if you use the search for base jeting.

You cant read plugs if your running race fuel.

I have tried the search function and have had no real luck. ( most were with different size carbs or pipes )

dynoport ( I have the 2 into 1 pipe ) says jet it the same as stock pipes Trinity ( 2 into 1 carb 35mm pwk ) does not seem to give me the best of answers just you need different pipes which may be so but this i what I have for now.

also how do you jet or tune the bike if you dont read the plug when using race fuel?

no

so your saying as far as the 2 different carbs they would we jetted the same

so my 48 pilot jet and 190 main jet should be pretty safe to start

how do I tune with the race fuel as far as reading plugs

so your saying as far as the 2 different carbs they would we jetted the same

so my 48 pilot jet and 190 main jet should be pretty safe to start

how do I tune with the race fuel as far as reading plugs

Whats your elevation and full list of what is done to the bike?

You have to jet by feel.

Whats your elevation and full list of what is done to the bike?

You have to jet by feel.

dynoport 2 into 1 pipe

trinity 2 into 1 carb 35mm pwk

80 over jugs are ported low end for trails mostly just a cleanup and slightly wider exhaust port intake ports are also slightly bigger the bridge was narrowed and the floor of the intake was radiused down (lowered slightly)

180 psi compression coolhead 18cc domes

4 deg advance stock airbox with modified lid and pro flow filter.

my elevation I ride in varies from 800 to 1500 teet

I had 225 main 52 pilot seemed rich

I put a 50 pilot and 190 main and seems much better

so your saying to jet for feel and not to look at the plug? I would think I should be looking for some type of color just to make sure I am safe.

Thanks again for any help Mike

dynoport 2 into 1 pipe

trinity 2 into 1 carb 35mm pwk

80 over jugs are ported low end for trails mostly just a cleanup and slightly wider exhaust port intake ports are also slightly bigger the bridge was narrowed and the floor of the intake was radiused down (lowered slightly)

180 psi compression coolhead 18cc domes

4 deg advance stock airbox with modified lid and pro flow filter.

my elevation I ride in varies from 800 to 1500 teet

I had 225 main 52 pilot seemed rich

I put a 50 pilot and 190 main and seems much better

so your saying to jet for feel and not to look at the plug? I would think I should be looking for some type of color just to make sure I am safe.

Thanks again for any help Mike

You wont get an accurate color. My bike runs perfect and my plugs are white with a small section of tan coloring.

I would try 42 pilot, eek needle center clip, 190 main jet, set the float height (11mm I think), and 1 turn out on the air screw. As starting specs.

You wont get an accurate color. My bike runs perfect and my plugs are white with a small section of tan coloring.

I would try 42 pilot, eek needle center clip, 190 main jet, set the float height (11mm I think), and 1 turn out on the air screw. As starting specs.

It will take a week to get the eek needle I will be riding Tuesday should I still try the 42 pilot or will this only work with the eek needle mine is the dek

I guess the eek has a different shape or taper to smooth out the transfer between the pilot to the main

your going to a more light switch power-band with a eek if you want more go to a eej to be safe it won't melt a piston like myself

The needle doesn't determine the power band, the parts and mods do. He needs to get the taper matched to what's done on the bike.