Fuel Question

it's very hard on parts and normally not two-stroke friendly...i destroyed a crank running that nasty shit...FAST.it makes loads of bottom end but seems to kill over rev.use with caution.

It is like running nitrous through your carbs.

1 lb of gasoline requires 14.7 lbs of air. 1 lb of Nitromethane requires 1.7 lbs of air.

When nitromethane is compress and burnt, it breaks down releasing oxygen. That is why it only requires 1.7 lbs of air compaired to 14.7lbs that gasoline requires.

nitromethane produces 2.3 time more hp than gasoline. I dont know how you would be able to get the carbs to flow enough to run a high percentage of nitromethane.

Most of the time when they run it, it will be mixed with methanol. The top fuel dragsters generally run 90% nitromethane 10% methanol.

It is like running nitrous through your carbs.

1 lb of gasoline requires 14.7 lbs of air. 1 lb of Nitromethane requires 1.7 lbs of air.

When nitromethane is compress and burnt, it breaks down releasing oxygen. That is why it only requires 1.7 lbs of air compaired to 14.7lbs that gasoline requires.

nitromethane produces 2.3 time more hp than gasoline. I dont know how you would be able to get the carbs to flow enough to run a high percentage of nitromethane.

Most of the time when they run it, it will be mixed with methanol. The top fuel dragsters generally run 90% nitromethane 10% methanol.

Thanks guys,

Me and buddy were just watchin some Top Fuelers and i wasnt sure what the difference was.

never mix gasoline and nitro it's very unstable...alky only.i used about 12ozs. per gallon.nitro is a by product of propane.and last time i checked about 60.00 a gallon