Best 4mil

DRAG KING

i was told that andy is assembling the cranks. the one i installed looked fine and was true and the welds looked good .. its just unproven and that takes time. the cranks are the similar style to others that if they are being assembled by someone who dosent care then??

i'd trust the crank that andy has available at least give it a try..

Let me set a few facts straight as im inclined to do so. Hotrod cranks are built in tawain says it right on the box your paying for the name. Not that they aren't good cranks but if you think they are indestructible you are just misinformed. Wiesco cranks are also built in tawain but the center axle is not welded and there is no way to weld it once assembled which allows it to twist easier. I will say that almost all of the aforementioned crank suppliers are getting there crank parts from the same supplier we are. The problem its they are some issues with the crank out of the box, and some changes need to be made. We have tested these cranks for over 2 years and broke some reworked some and made some significant changes before releasing them to the public. we have changed rods s since the first release because we broke some on big dms but haven't yet on anything smaller than 78mm. We sent 6 current rods off to a independent metallurgy lab for testing on top of all the real world testing we were doing. And landed on a rod that we feel is the best option available to us right now. We do not sell or promote anything we don't test. I can not speak for everyone else but all of mine are trued and welded in house as I have found they cannot weld them sufficiently (same as hotrods). All of mine are pinned on the center axle to prevent twisting out of phase (hotrods is not) and welded fully over the pin for double insurance. We then true the cranks and put a good quality weld on them. The crank in the picture is on our site is not our current rod I will try and get it updated soon.

Any questions feel free to give us a call

Andy

Andy,

Great, Great response.

This is absolutely critical to read over and over....and why it's important to buy things off folks who race and use what they sell.

That ebay price might look great...but you're not getting the research and service.

I would agree 100% to true and weld these in house...just to be sure.

Nice write up Andy...

Folks, how many other people took the time to send connecting rods out to a metallurgist for R&D to give their customers the best option...

:notworthy:

Andy,

Great, Great response.

This is absolutely critical to read over and over....and why it's important to buy things off folks who race and use what they sell.

That ebay price might look great...but you're not getting the research and service.

I would agree 100% to true and weld these in house...just to be sure.

Nice write up Andy...

Folks, how many other people took the time to send connecting rods out to a metallurgist for R&D to give their customers the best option...

:notworthy:

Ditto X2. As some of you know I am currently building a 421 Cub. Sure it is not as big as the 10's and 16's but I wanted a crank that I could depend on. I researched several cranks and spoke to lots of people before my purchase of an M&M crank. What made me the final sale was the customer service and the ability to call Andy with any problems that I have, before, during and after the build.

Sure you can buy a crank on Ebay for $400, but do you really know what you are buying and who you are buying it from? After you put it in and make two passes and your motor gets jacked up other than a name on Ebay who do you personally call? Do the research call the builder or supplier and find out what type of customer service your going to get after the sale!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

yea like i said i'd trust the crank from M+M over the ebay offering ( of the same crank). the one i installed deffinatelly was fully welded and looked like a great weld it was nice and true and i wouldnt hesitate to install another one..

i'd like to see the "new rods"!!

every CRANK will eventually have a failure. what pisses me off is these cranks that are sold as ready to run and then are crap right out of the box.. wiseco's can have the center pin welded i sent one to crankworks for this to be done along with assembling it corectely and welded right it was too wide and unwelded on the center AND not true. and the "seller" wouldnt do anything about it so a "good deal crank" ( 50 bucks less HA) ended up costing about 200 bucks more to just get it running. and 650 bucks + total for a simple 4 mill long rod crank dosent sound like a good deal to me..