Best 4mil

DRAG KING

What is the best 4mil crank out there that will hold up and take the punishment without coming apart...New to banshees...Been on 4 pokes mostly...Thanks for any info...

I just purchased one from M&M with a maxload bearing, welded. Also when you buy parts like that what kind of customer service are you going to get after the sale, that why I buy from M&M.

http://www.mmatvonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_27_22&products_id=33

Andy does R&D and tests all of his cranks in the biggest builds available, I would be more than comfortable running his crank in anything I build!! Not to mention, he is one hell of a guy, super active in the sport, and has great customer service! I know for a fact that he is running his 4 mil cranks in 421 cubs as well as in his DM!! I wouldnt doubt that he also has one in his 4 mil dmx as well. That motor is bigger that 650 cc, prrof in itself for me as far as how his cranks are holding up!! Just my .02!!

Z

After a little further research, I have gathered some more info for you! M&M did 2 years worth of testing on their cranks before any of them ever hit the market for sale! There has been a ton of testing done to ensure the cranks are strong enought to handle the horsepower builds in todays world! Multiple rods have been tested at a metalergists lab to determine which rod is best suited for application, and then they have been ran and tested in the real world as well. All of his cranks are welded and assembled suing good bearings in house in Nowata, OK . There has been alot of time and money spent on testing and R&D prior to the cranks ever being sold to the public. This is proof to me of Andy's dedication to the sport and to his customers. I am one of his customers for this very reason and I am very comfortable referring people his way and sharing information like this as well!! Good luck on your future builds!

Z

which "cranks from m+m are you talking about?

does andy have a few differnt ones. the last one from his "kit" is the relatively unknown but being highly pushed crank from that dude in california... the bike hasnt had a problem YET but its hardly ever rode.. id post a picture of it if i knew how. the rod has a thick spot in the middle of the rod. the crank looked fine. but its hard to tell a "good one" in a few hours of run time. ah how about an ebay link?

this crank : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-BOSS-RACING-4MM-STROKER-CRANK-LONG-ROD-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483d68aa1bQQitemZ310267914779QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i have heard a lot of bad things from vito's blowing apart, AND that the vito's stays together with no issue's i have personally had a wiseco crank ( chinese built) have problems right out of the box and were hard to resolve ( no warranty).

best cranks in 4 mill i have run were the older hotrods with hot rods brand rods and TZ bearings set up and welded at crankworks. also the TDR 4 mill i would trust also. dont really know about the rest unless a budget is neede to be kept i'd just use the hotrods style crank and have crankworks set it up. they are great crank builders. ( prep)

DONT skimp on a crank

wow come to think of it there are a LOT of cranks brands available now.. here is a list i know of:

wiseco (chinese built?)

HOT RODS ( taiwan built good steel)

the M+M, BOSS, or mystery crank ( ebay, cheap!?? can't get any real info on them like where they are actually built???)

VIto's ( quality??)

WSM ( quality?)

RDZ (claims to be "building these cranks themselves??)

TDR ( good quality if its an actual DUKAS crank)

TWISTER ( cost? quality in the past?)

crankworks ( stock modded web's ? not sure if they even do this anymore)

i am curious mostly about the RDZ offering, and the WSM, and "mystery crank"

not sure if there are others?