Main jets - brass washer

yosi

hey everyone,

i was just installing my main jets and i noticed that in one carb there was a brass washer where the main jet screws in and in the other carb this washer wasnt there.

Is this normal? or do i have to buy another one?

Is there any problem with running the washer in one carb but no washer in the other, or can i run no washers at all.

Thanks

My new jets are also 310 mains and 27.5 pilots. are these good considering my set up?

-No air box lid

-K&N air filter with outerwair

-just above sea level

-18-35 degrees celcious riding temp

- fmf gold series pipes with silencers

-32-1 fuel mix

would it be fine to put any washer that fits and is the same size as the orgiginal? Or does it have to be a brass washer?

Ive never had one fall out if its prest in there it could cause a problem you don't want that ill go bang my stock mikunis and see if that washer falls out ill be back

Thanks alot for your help rdz

i just checked my old stock carbs and yes you need the brass washer or you will run to lean . it spaces the main jet about 1mm and yes it a washer that just falls out when you change the main jet you will run very lean and burn up your engine when you are wot if you ran it like that you would ping a piston on one side not good and half to back of the gas

Righto, i have a washer that i was planning on putting in the carb. Its not the stock brass one but its another zinc washer i had lying around. Would this be ok to use given that it provides the exact same spacing as the original?

• 3 weeks later...

lol, it's not really a spacer.......it holds the emulsion tube in.....normally, the tube is corroded in place and doesn't fall you when you loose it...but several have had it pop out, too

Exactly. Without the washer the dump tube/emulsion tube/needle jet/ whateveryouwanttocallit can go up into the body of the carb.