pontiac gto 04-06

BAN-421-SHEE

Nice car. I almost bought the same car 2 yrs ago. I would have got it if it was a 6 speed.

6speeds are fun, but they get old in a hurry especially in the city. Dont get me wrong, I prefer a manual over an automatic, but for everyday driving and drag racing an automatic is more consistent and will do everything a manual will do. I have a 4k stall converter and it will walk a manual with the same mods anytime. Theres too much room for error in a manual tranny.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes there is an optional blower (at the dealer), i think they make around 500hp at the fly from factory blown.

we even have a 4wd version called the monaro coupe4. (limited made)

everyone has been putting the pontiac front ends on them here :) they say your version is nicer haha.

i guess the grass is always greener on the other side :P

we also have the 4door W427 which is the ls7 version ($170,000au new)

yes there is an optional blower (at the dealer), i think they make around 500hp at the fly from factory blown.

we even have a 4wd version called the monaro coupe4. (limited made)

everyone has been putting the pontiac front ends on them here :) they say your version is nicer haha.

i guess the grass is always greener on the other side :P

we also have the 4door W427 which is the ls7 version ($170,000au new)

LOL!! Everyone here is wanting the monaro stuff. Front end pieces over here are dirt cheap! What does $170,00au convert to american dollars? The GTO wasnt a huge hit over in the states. It kinda flopped once it hit the market. In australia where the gto came from you all have a lot more options. What does a monaro cost in american dollars in australia and what does the one with the blower package cost? Ive always been curious as to how much they are over there compared to what they were here. I think when the gto first came out they were $35k in the U.S. and I could be off a little bit too.

its pretty much dollar for dollar now, but a few years ago it would have been around 50-60us cents to 1 au dollar.

the base monaros were around 50k and the top of the line blown was a over 100k. i dont know what the cost for the blower option was on its own.

the $170k ones are 2008 on wards.

here's some pix of it.

http://www.pressportal.com.au/articlegallery.php?articleid=2440

we get killed on pricing here, we get robbed hard.

I had an 05 Midnight Blue Metallic and a 06 Torrid Red both with mods, A4s.. Awsome cars that are very comfortable.. Back seat is nice too once you get back there. I traded in the 06 on a G8 GT (the Holden Commadore I think) and it was very nice as well... Went from 13.7 quarter mile to 13.2 with just an intake, tune and mufflers.

I have had multiple F Bodys and the GTO fixes everything that sucks on the Camaros and TAs.. Mainly interior and suspension.

I traded in the G8 on a new F-150... and am in the market for another fast car... I am thinkin an older Notchback Stang with a LS motor in it tuned to carve corners and run 11's. :headbang:

I had an 05 Midnight Blue Metallic and a 06 Torrid Red both with mods, A4s.. Awsome cars that are very comfortable.. Back seat is nice too once you get back there. I traded in the 06 on a G8 GT (the Holden Commadore I think) and it was very nice as well... Went from 13.7 quarter mile to 13.2 with just an intake, tune and mufflers.

I have had multiple F Bodys and the GTO fixes everything that sucks on the Camaros and TAs.. Mainly interior and suspension.

I traded in the G8 on a new F-150... and am in the market for another fast car... I am thinkin an older Notchback Stang with a LS motor in it tuned to carve corners and run 11's. :headbang:

I am NOT a mustang fan at all. I call mustangs "Me Too" cars because you're talking to your friend and u mention u have a mustang and he says "oh yeah?? Me too, I got a mustang and so does my wife". The mustang in my opinion is waaaay overdone. They made a model to fit everyones needs/wants. The GTO on the other hand is strictly a muscle car and only had a V8. I wanted something different and less common so I went with the GTO and i will never own a mustang. Buuuut on the other hand, Mustangs are fast as hell and def give mine a run for the money if done correctly. Thats just my 2 cents and by no means is it the gospel, but im a GM and mopar guy.

its pretty much dollar for dollar now, but a few years ago it would have been around 50-60us cents to 1 au dollar.

the base monaros were around 50k and the top of the line blown was a over 100k. i dont know what the cost for the blower option was on its own.

the $170k ones are 2008 on wards.

here's some pix of it.

http://www.pressportal.com.au/articlegallery.php?articleid=2440

we get killed on pricing here, we get robbed hard.

Damn thats sick... :headbang:

• 4 weeks later...

Here ya go!

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3567/gto1.png

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4628/gto2.png

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8386/gto3.jpg

It sits in storage all winter out at my parents house and these are some of the pics I have on my computer. Its a fast car yes, but GTO's are heavy cars. They arent like a camaro or trans am. If any of you ever get a GTO, DO NOT think you can beat a Subaru STI. It wont happen. Even with spray I couldnt beat the one I raced. The two best mods I did was the exhaust system and the stall converter. A stall converter in an automatic is a must!

if you cant beat that sti then you cant drive american muscle is the shit hands down drive it like you stole it and whippe that ass!!! :bolt:

this is the pickup version, we call a ute (utility)

the ones with the bonnet (hood) bulge has the ls3 6.2lt and the ones without have the ls2 6.0lt, tho you can always ask for the bonnet (hood) at the dealer.

either 6speed manual or 6 speed tip tronic auto.

800px-Hsv_maloo_grey.jpg

hsv-ve-maloo-r8-ute22.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

2106753242_e2c7fa240b_z.jpg?zz=1

ge5192486359672009632.jpg?height=403

Looks like a modern day El-cabango.

Awww man.. the wheels on that Ute are the ones I had on my G8... damn I miss that car!

The LS1 Goats keep getting cheaper and cheaper.. I wouldnt mind picking up a high milage 04 and build it up. They look so clean once you roll the fenders and stuff some rubber under the back. Sucks you dont get the big brakes on the 04... The cable throttle is nice to start with tho... Few bolt ons and some nice heads and your putting down some power!

if you cant beat that sti then you cant drive american muscle is the shit hands down drive it like you stole it and whippe that ass!!! :bolt:

Typical dummy comment. Of course you prolly wouldnt know how fast either a GTO or a STI is cuz you've been stuck in your '92 Ford Tempo for years now. Compare the stock specs on a GTO compared to the specs on a stock STI and simple arithmatic will rest my case. I hate to tell ya this, but Ive probably backed more miles than you've driven forward and go ahead and get urself a GTO and pull up next to a dude with an STI and see how bad your ass gets waxed. More than likely he'll just laugh at you cuz its not even worth his time and gas to race ya. Keep driving your ford tempo and just be happy with it cuz im sure you wont ever drive anything faster :rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...