Banshee exhaust leak

papasmurf

While I was adjusting my air screw i noticed that my right pipe has slow leak where the silencer meets the pipe. It looks minor, my question is can this lead to problems and if so how can i reseal it? It doesn't look like there's anything sealing the pipe and sliencer together, the other side is the same but it doesn't leak.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the leak but the right pipe also smokes slightly more than the left.

While I was adjusting my air screw i noticed that my right pipe has slow leak where the silencer meets the pipe. It looks minor, my question is can this lead to problems and if so how can i reseal it? It doesn't look like there's anything sealing the pipe and sliencer together, the other side is the same but it doesn't leak.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the leak but the right pipe also smokes slightly more than the left.

Get some good quality exhaust clamps...they will seal it up good.

Cascade makes great stuff IMO http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/newlook/store/store_View.cfm?STORE_AREA_ID=13&store_dept_id=656

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I bet it leaks like a SOB.

Yea it's just connected metal on metal, there is some black stuff that appears to be helping seal it but it could just be carbon buildup from the leak.

Got it this way from the guy I bought it from, what kind of issues can I see from this kind of leak?

Yea it's just connected metal on metal, there is some black stuff that appears to be helping seal it but it could just be carbon buildup from the leak.

Got it this way from the guy I bought it from, what kind of issues can I see from this kind of leak?

I dont think it would cause any major problems...but they are NOT meant to be ran that way. I've never seen a banshee without exhaust clamps. You can even get high temp hose, with two clamps and make your own...