Parting out Banshee BACKWOODS PAYBACK

Washburn

I decided almost a year ago that the Banshee I put so much Passion and Cash into has to go. I just cant keep pretending that if I put newer better handeling parts on her (IE 250R GEO CHASSIE) She will give me a more comfterble ride and I wont have to pay AS Much Pain wise.

I suffered a really bad leg Injury that in turn tore my Spine into shreds. Atleast thats what all of the Doctors say is the contributing factor. Im not gonna cry about it Chronic Pain is a bitch and mine wont let me ride anymore. I can cry about letting my Banshee go though. Yes grown men can cry over loseing toys.

Well Unless its a workhorse to help me with chores around my land. I hope to buy one with my partout money Plus savings.

Now the market here for a built race Ready Banshee is just not a good enough turn around on my investment. Im ready to take a big loss but the offers I have been getting are an insult and I would rather keep her for show and a straight shoot on the road every now and then.

Parting the Banshee out seems to be the best way.

I bought Her at Gatto Cycle shop here in Pittsburgh in 05 for 3200 It was pretty much stock except T6 pipes, Nerf bars and a full set of PRM skid plates. I asked why the guy sold it and the dealer told me he never rode and and he traded up for a Gixxer. I rode it stock for about a year then started adding on mod after mod to turn her into a XC Beast and I did a fantastic job. I dident put in near as much time as one may think because of my disability. It was always future plans for future races and it never happened. I bought Holeshot XCRs up front and Razr IIs rear in mid 06 and they are still on there in good condition. My parts guy/Mechanic/Childhood friend Cody Buchanan of Buchanan Racing of course noticed the minimal wear of my tires over the months and even told me buying all of this stuff wouldnt do much for me but I wasent gonna listen. I wanted to race!

I started thinking about a few power gain mods 2007, NOSS HEAD (anodized blue) 20CC Domes, Pro Design Timing Plate +4 and V Force 3 reeds. Power was plenty after that, Its still kicking 155 even in each cyl. Stock bore and stroke no porting.

Then I started with the handeling Mods, I figured if I bought top of the line stuff I would make it a much more comfterble ride and it did by leaps and bounds but it was still unrealistic for me.

I bought Lonestar Racing +2+1 A-Arms and LSR Steel braided break lines,

then came the Elka Elite front shocks then I saved a few more months and bought Elkas new Pro Dual Linkage and LT Rear Elka elite shock. I got it all put together in late summer of 2008.

I bought a -2 LSR Swingarm off Ebay and it ended up being -3 and wouldnt fit the width of the Rear shock spriing so I had a really good local mechanic widen my stock swingarm to fit the spring and weld it back to make it stronger than stock. Mission accomplished!

in 2009 I bought a 2:1 Trinity carb to airbox setup and A SINGLE 35PWK Plus, Lonestar anti vibe Steering Stem one inch higher than stock and a set of Fasst Flexxx bars.

I have all of the papers and recipts for everything. Dated. I had my guy look at my shocks and he said from minimal wear they are good as they are. They dont need touched.

So if you read all of this knowing I am going to part it out How would you go about doing it and what price tag should I put on the good aftermarket stuff seeing as it is in such good condition. Im thinking about just selling the motor with head.

Alot of you know me when I used to post here and some of you have bought some brand new pretty expensive stuff from me and Im positive my feedback is 100% here and on Ebay and where I live. Wherever I end up listing my partout, here exclusivly or include Ebay and Craigslist I will offer a Money Back Guarentee if anybody buys something and isent 100% satisfied.

Mods are in Sig.

EDIT- Here is a pic of her naked. Taken about a year and a half ago. I have to take new ones next time I go up. I also left some stuff out im sure so feel free to ask questions or PM me with questions and my phone number

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/Washburn_03/?action=view&current=100_0479.jpg&newest=1

Edited by Washburn

Its been my experience that the aftermarket stuff seems to go for around 1/2 to 2/3 what new price is. If it's really mint and somebody really wants it you might get a little better. But The closer to new prices the more of us lowballers are gonna laugh at ya. The stock stuff you should be able to search on here and see what stuff has been going for. Engines 450- 1200 if fairly stock prob? Just depends. Clean everything up so it's spotless and polish it and make it look new or close if you are wanting good money out of it. Most guys dont want to give premium for stuff that's all filthy and have to spend an hour cleaning before they use it. That's my experience, hope it helps a little. That the kind of info you were looking for? Good luck.

Its been my experience that the aftermarket stuff seems to go for around 1/2 to 2/3 what new price is. If it's really mint and somebody really wants it you might get a little better. But The closer to new prices the more of us lowballers are gonna laugh at ya. The stock stuff you should be able to search on here and see what stuff has been going for. Engines 450- 1200 if fairly stock prob? Just depends. Clean everything up so it's spotless and polish it and make it look new or close if you are wanting good money out of it. Most guys dont want to give premium for stuff that's all filthy and have to spend an hour cleaning before they use it. That's my experience, hope it helps a little. That the kind of info you were looking for? Good luck.

Yes, Info like this definatly helps me. Everything I have is pristine and work flawlessly so it is all high end stuff.

Keep on posting, any little thing you can think of.

I PMed you guys who are asking.

Still have the A-Arms and front Elkas?

Oh yeah, Im not selling anything untill Im sure everything is gonna go. This may take some time. Not 90 days or anything but atleast a month Ide say so I can talk to more people and guage intrest in package deals. Or who wants what and when. It will take some time but Im Confident everything will go for my asking prices. I dont want to Promise an Exclusive listing on the HQ alone yet either. Im still weighing my options. Throw prices at me though. Let me know what you are all thinking. When Im ready to sell Ill put everything up in the For Sale section.

Ive sold around 8-10 sets of brand new ELKA shocks and other stuff when I used to come on here everyday. So I think I know what to ask for mine that is fair for both involved in the transaction.

I have some things and Package deals in mind. Ill post what I want to get out of my stuff in a few days time mabey sooner. I will drive and deliver parts too up to a cirten distance. Ill have to crunch some numbers of exactly how far Im willing to go + Gas mileage.

I gaurentee my parts too. If whoever gets them thinks the slightest thing is off I will give a full refund. All of it is in such good condition, just broken in is how I would describe the shocks and things like that. They dont need serviced. Engine is running hard. 155psi each and a very good leakdown test numbers. I forget the exact numbers I have to call Cody for some recolection.

• 2 weeks later...