Serval dome selection

kingsley

Ive ordered a Serval engine package and it includes cool head domes.

Ive also added an adjustable timing plate to it. This will be run with the 4mm crank.

When making the order, i stated my fuel will be 93mon (98RON AUS) and run at close to sea level.

Ive worked out that id should get 21cc domes thrown my way.

Would my thoughts be fairly close or what would i expect to see?

Kingsley

Ive ordered a Serval engine package and it includes cool head domes.

Ive also added an adjustable timing plate to it. This will be run with the 4mm crank.

When making the order, i stated my fuel will be 93mon (98RON AUS) and run at close to sea level.

Ive worked out that id should get 21cc domes thrown my way.

Would my thoughts be fairly close or what would i expect to see?

Kingsley

most likely be 22, or 23cc blaster domes....mabey even 24cc

If you ordered it from M/M or McCoy's performance you'll get the right dome, those two worked pretty hard on the serval with CP. If you ordered it from somebody that doesnt know that motor setup you may have problems trying to run cheap gas in it. I know M/M Andy and Nate McCoy both put in a lotta dyno time to get a pumpgas motor that doesnt detonate and runs at its best. Pipe selection and Dome both will be critical items.

im using 20's for avgas, so id think you be around 22-23 to run on pump.

but this is really the question for the builder you got your parts from.

ive seen people run upto 24's on 421's for pump.

lol, yah, that's the same thing i was assuming. and the serval should have a higher trapped cr. i've just never heard anyone confirm the dome size for 93oct. asl, and 0 to +4 timing

imo - i would be VERY hesitant to say "put this CC dome on" as there are no less than a dozen variables that need to be taken into account concerning dome profile construction ... that's the main reason why I gave all the info I could gather about the Serval I put together except "that" aspect ... it is just way to dynamic & specific to each engine & dome designer to generalize. The combustion chamber imo - is the place in the engine where all the magic happens & should be given way more respect than "what CC dome do I use" ... I hope that comes across without an undermining tone, but rather as just trying to be helpful for all the different levels of readers on this forum. :)