I hate to ask it but...

zmaro

You rode a 700R and you are considering a Banshee for trails?? Obviously you are a 2-stroke fan so just get a Banshee and set it up for your riding needs. You dont like the ride...Improve it. You dont like where the power is coming in...Change it. You dont like the amount of power...Increase it. Pretty simple stuff. The bike will do whatever you are capable of making it do.

A 4-Stroke gives you the chance to pick your way around a steep challenging climb and power it on with some sense of technique. With a Banshee you pick your line, rev that fkr, fan the clutch and rip it all the way up. IMO you gotta be a better rider to ride serious trails on a quad like a Banshee. No bull...I've taken my Banshee where 4x4 quads rode the ridge tops. =) They could have made it they just didnt have the sakk to getter done... :rotflmao:

Yeah, i like the 700, they have a ton of power stock and good suspension. the FI and reverse is nice too. I saw your other thread about maybe getting one, and i would recommend it. my dad got rid of his 250X for it, and the power of it even scares him, so for this reason he wont let me get one. when we race on a sand road he starts in 3rd and still cant hook up.

I took my LTZ400 out in the trails, rocks, and fireroads while my bud rode his Banshee. I had a way better time than he did because my suspension design isn't something from the '80's and the powerband is user friendly.

I thought it was the perfect trail quad. You get much wider (any of the 450's) and it could be a handful...not to mention the LTZ400 motor will probably last a lot longer than any of the high output grenade prone 450's.

no offense intended, but i hate posts like these..

on what scale if fun measured..?

id be pretty disappointed if i had to ride a 400cc 4 stroke around all day, no matter what terrain,its all personal preference, you can always replace the shocks/arms on the banshee for cheap too, thats always the first argument about riding a banshee on trails it seems..although all the 400cc 4 strokes ive rode had pretty shitty suspensions as well

but honestly, a stock suspension 400cc , you really think adding the width of a couple thumbs on each side is gona make or break getting around? several companies offer different model 450's now for trail/track with different widths, none of them are too wide to ride in the woods unless the trail is exactly 44" wide or some silly thing., in which case youd probably kill yourself on any quad

in closing, ill take a bone stock banshee with a boost bottle, bald stock dunlops and gold wheels before the 400cc 4 stroke, but thats just preference :drool: