Still no power!

Gikki44

Ok, so after figuring out that the person before me had the crank seal on the right side backwards and assuming that was the problem I have done a fresh rebuild. The gear oil is no longer burning up however the loss of powerband has not improved whatsoever. The right pipe still smokes a bit of gray only after really rippin on it for a couple minutes and the left side seems to be missing quite a bit and im thinking this is the cause of the power loss. Now i just cannot figure out where else to look to fix this. I'[ve tried new plugs and larger mains thinking it was a lean condition. The plugs are not wet anymore but a slight brown/black on both. But the left side tailpipe is dry and the right is quite wet. My next guess would be something along the spark line. What do ya think. I also just noticed that the voltage regulator is supposed to have a ground wire to it and the only wire i see is the blue. Coming out of the same harness is a ground wire with a ring connector on it that is not attached to anything but the regulator is mounted to the chassis so that should ground it correct? I could really use some help here cuz i've about had it with this damn thing!!!

Ok, so after figuring out that the person before me had the crank seal on the right side backwards and assuming that was the problem I have done a fresh rebuild. The gear oil is no longer burning up however the loss of powerband has not improved whatsoever. The right pipe still smokes a bit of gray only after really rippin on it for a couple minutes and the left side seems to be missing quite a bit and im thinking this is the cause of the power loss. Now i just cannot figure out where else to look to fix this. I'[ve tried new plugs and larger mains thinking it was a lean condition. The plugs are not wet anymore but a slight brown/black on both. But the left side tailpipe is dry and the right is quite wet. My next guess would be something along the spark line. What do ya think. I also just noticed that the voltage regulator is supposed to have a ground wire to it and the only wire i see is the blue. Coming out of the same harness is a ground wire with a ring connector on it that is not attached to anything but the regulator is mounted to the chassis so that should ground it correct? I could really use some help here cuz i've about had it with this damn thing!!!

if its not elect. then its fuel. are the carbs synced. are they jetted after that. are they even flowing fuel?

Thats what im trying to figure out. The carbs are synced and i changed the mains to 240. When i pull the carbs there is fuel in them and the reeds too. I thought for sure it was going to be because of the bad crank seal. Now the plugs are not wet anymore but it is def not firing correctly. I can hear and feel the left cylinder popping and cutting out.

Now that i've done some searching im thinking i need to check my pick up coil gap. I never changed or checked anything when i put it back together. Would this possibly cause the loss of powerband and it running shitty? How exactly do i check and adjust the gap. The manual isnt too extensive on the description?